SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical organization, based in Antwerpen Belgium.
The company is an international pharmaceutical producer with a headquarter in the United States. They have more than 4000 customers in 100 different countries. In Belgium they are with 500 people and their site is centrally located between Antwerp and Brussels.
In this role you will work very close with different departments (Quality Assurance, Sales, Customer Services) within the company in order to deliver product quality to its customers. Also you will be in close contact with the customers of the company in order to follow up product complaints by finding out the cause and making sure problems will be solved. This means that you will fulfil an important role both internally to company as externally to its customers.
- Control the process of product delivery
- Make decisions on fitness for use
- Rework and scrap in order to achieve total customer satisfaction
- Make decisions on returns and suitable compensations in both an economic beneficial way for the company and a way that keeps the customer satisfied.
- Collect feedback on product quality from customers by way of personal contact, by the sales department or by the customer services representatives
- Leads customer audits and customer visits
- Visit customers located in Central Europe (4-5 days traveling a month)
- Translate customer feedback into meaningful reports so you can develop an action program to improve customer satisfaction
- University or technical high school, degree in pharmacy, chemistry or engineering
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry and familiar with GMP requirements
- Language: English is a must, Dutch, French and/or German is a plus
- Able to effectively communicate with both customers and colleagues
- Quality and business mind-set
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Kimberley Rijnbeek.
Testing and Quality Assurance