Senior Big Data Developer (AVP level)-18035355
Job Purpose:Cross Product Technology team provides pre-trade, analytics and post trade information to internal and institutional clients. CPT is seeking big data engineer to do a dual role of a backend developer and big data engineer, working on technologies like Java, Hadoop, HBase, Kafka & Spark. Key Responsibilities
- Develop high-performance data processing pipelines
- Development of common, reusable components and services
- Partner with Business Analysts, Quants and internal customers to improve our data coverage and analytic capabilities;
- Design and develop new datasets, data feeds, reports, and analytic features providing high performance and scalability; champion the adoption of big data processing best practices
- Continuously improve the performance of features; analyze, diagnose and correct performance problems
- Detect, diagnose, and repair data quality errors and identify and implement technical and process improvements to prevent future data quality errors
- Working with core team to manage and support application.
- Ability to take initiative to research, learn and recommend emerging technologies
- Assist the client in the planning of overall application strategy
- Experience architecting and designing high performance server side components.
- At least 5+ years experience using J2EE to develop service oriented applications
· Good experience with databases, communication and caching
· Design and develop the core services ensuring strong reliability, scalability and performance
- Understanding of good design principles and ability to adhere to complex design
- Solid understanding of multithreading.
- Extensive hand-coding expertise in Core Java (Java 8)
- Proficiency with Spring Framework
- Knowledge and experience of distributed computing
- Experience in designing & developing big data processing pipeline using popular libraries & frameworks – such as Apache Spark etc.
- Experienced in bulding and manging REST Apis
- Ability to write Unit test using Junit or any other library
- Experience with Java performance tuning and Garbage collections.
- Strong experience in a Unix/Linux ecosystem
Strong academic record, ideally with a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Science or related technical or quantitative discipline. Demonstrable success in designing and delivering multi-tiered applications
- Strong Communication skills
- Self Motivated
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.