Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
In this role as a System Engineer, you will be responsible to manage & support Qatar Airways Middleware farm with technologies like RedHat JBoss Enterprise Application Server (EAP) and Enterprise Webserver (EWS), Apache Tomcat, and RedHat JBoss Datagrid, IBM MQ Series Administration on Redhat Linux systems. Middleware platform System Engineer is to support an environment of over 500 Instances of Middleware platform in standalone and clustered environment hosted virtually and physically.
Work tasks include: Middleware Platform, build, install, configure, maintenance and troubleshooting. Deployment of EAR/WAR/JAR/Custom unbundled code deployment on standalone and clustered environment. Troubleshooting of application performance on Middleware platform using tools like Jprofiler, GC viewer, JRockit, HeapAnalyzer on Linux and windows OS. In MQ area, you will be managing MQ farm to make sure message delivery on time with core administration skills using command line.
Experience and Qualification:
The applicant should have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a technically related field (i.e. computer science, engineering, IT, etc.). You should have minimum 4 years of job related experience.
Must have minimum 3+ years of experience supporting below.
- In-depth knowledge of Redhat JBoss Application Server(6.x), Enterprise Webserver (2.x3.x) and Tomcat application server.
- Strong IBM MQ series administration experience (clustered, multi instance, with backup, restore, security experience).
- Strong understanding of Middleware Java Platform with application deployment on standalone and clustered environment
- Must have strong knowledge on web and application server load balancing using hardware load balancer like f5 or software load balancer.
- Indepth knowledge on performance tuning of Java application server platforms specific to JDBC/Connection pooling/Heap/GC/threading/JMS etc to build/deploy optimized platforms.
- Good understanding of Redhat linux Operating system with OS troubleshooting experience to support Middleware platform
- Must have scripting knowledge (like shell scripting, perl scripting, php, etc) to automate routine workload like platform creation, deployment of application, and alerting of critical parameter.
- Strong knowledge on Middleware platform security as authentication with LDAP/AD, Certificates based handshakes between App server modules within app server internal and external providers.
- Managing daily, weekly SSL certificates renewal, expiry and implementation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks including Incident/Ticket management, Upgrades, and Deployments.
- Ability to work across teams to resolve issues and outages.
- Root cause identification and ultimate remediation of issue
- Pre-determination of issues before they become outages
- On Call Support for after business hours and weekend
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with App log analysis, debug log analysis.
- ITIL concepts
- Good knowledge on open source deployment tools for deployment automation (know how to automate day to day operations task in to automation)
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate