CCB China Head-18059798
Business/ Department Objectives:
- Citi Commercial Banking (“CCB”) is one of the fastest growing, most dynamic businesses among Citi’s strategic priorities in Asia. As a global bank of choice for trade-oriented and mid-sized enterprises, not only do we provide our bankers with a true gateway to best-in-class product offerings in the industry, we also develop our talent for an enriching career that is built on deepening relationships with clients and exposure to the latest market developments not just locally, but across the 11 CCB Asia geographies.
- Citi Commercial Bank (CCB) in China is a full-service commercial bank catering to a wide range of clients across industries, which is well recognized as a thought partner by fast growing mid-sized company locally. Dedicated to building and maintaining long-term partnerships with entrepreneurs from a wide range of industries, the ultimate goal of CCB China is to provide clients with customized solutions to manage their businesses with ease and confidence. One of the key countries in line with the Global Strategy for Digitalization and e-Commerce business.
- Primary objective of the Commercial Bank Head is to develop, manage and grow a sustainable Commercial Bank franchise in the country.
- Implement an effective business strategy, product & process capability, a strong value proposition and marketing infrastructure for the target market.
- Close partnership with risk to ensure that the right credit approach (program and procedures) are in place to allow sound growth of the credit portfolio, avoid negative selection and maintain desired portfolio quality.
- Full responsibility for P/L of the commercial business, i.e. revenues, expenses, allocations, CoC and adequate returns on capital as well as sound operating efficiency – drive a balance scorecard.
- Responsibility for quality of the credit portfolio, origination in line with target market, problem recognition and CoC within Plan.
- Act as Senior Sponsoring Officer for some of the largest clients in CCB.
- Maintain a sound control environment with respect to compliance, legal and regulatory factors both internally and externally.
- Leverage the domestic and overseas network for MNC flows and build cross-border business for CCB APAC in partnership with other CCB countries
- Drive cross-sell and manage down red zone portfolio
- Provide supervisory support and guidance to RMs/BDs supporting the portfolio.
- Ensure the right value proposition is in place for the two customer sub-segments managed in CCB: Middle Market and SME
- Establish adequate pricing policies for the different customer segments to drive adequate returns at the customer level.
- Grow OSUC
- Alignment and close partnership with products (Markets and TTS) to ensure continuous product development for CCB customers.
- Ability to direct the activities of individuals and groups, by developing commitment and teamwork, and providing focus on a business objective. It includes creating and communicating a common vision, providing active support and guidance in the accomplishment of tasks/objectives & leading from the front.
- Lead and motivate the team. Develop, coach and counsel the team & ability to offer growth assignments to HIPOS
- Define and drive career plans of top/key talent in CCB China
- Ability to build bench-strength and up-tier banker quality
- Talent retention
- Work with Country and Regional Talent and Learning Team to define and drive training program for CCB China
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related Business Management tertiary qualifications. MBA is preferred.
- Strong performance as a Commercial or Corporate Banker with minimum of 15 years’ experience in customer Relationship Management.
- 5-10 years’ experience in managing a business with P&L responsibilities.
- At least 5 years of people management experience.
- SCO qualification (for internal candidates) – Strong credit background and strong knowledge of the Citi risk process/ culture are preferred.
- Market knowledge and external network will be an asset.
- Citi Mandatory Certifications, Relevant Credit Certifications. In-depth knowledge of credit, loan, trade finance, cash management and liabilities product.
- Exposure to CMO & IB transactions is preferred.
- Demonstrates thought leadership. Ability to create longer term and advisory based relationships with relevant stakeholders i.e. Clients / Credit / Risk etc.
- Strong financial analysis skills and credit maturity
- Excellent market knowledge and connections that would facilitate identification and evaluation of deals / decisions
- Strong Analytical, Product, Risk Assessment and Credit Skills.
- Knowledge of banking regulations, processes, policies and systems
- Ability to select appropriate communication channel for delivery of the message when addressing diverse audiences i.e. Products / TTS / FX / Risk / Credit
- People Management/ Leadership Skills: Instill trust in subordinates and allow them to learn and grow; seeks opportunities for staff within the organization to be visible and gain recognition
- Ability to question existing practices, conceptualize change, align people towards the end goal.
- Mandarin speaker is preferred.