Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About your job::
In this role as a TS Controller, you will be responsible as a team member for administration, performance management, integrity, availability and security of MySQL and Postgres databases in Qatar Airways (24x7 – business hours, on call in nights and weekends).
To be successful in this role, you must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in IT or equivalent. You must have minimum 5+ years of job-related experience.
You must have 5+ years of Production Support with core database MySQL and Postgres database administration on Linux based platform (RedHat Linux). The candidate must have good written and verbal English communication skills.
Key Responsibilities Include::
- Must have 5+ years of Production support experience with MySQL and Postgres
- Must have 5+ years’ experience in Database installation, configuration of both standalone and cluster(replication) setup
- Must have experience in database performance tuning and other database operations such as Backup, recovery, upgrade
- Experience in Implement database security.
- Knowledge in Linux scripting and experience in creating database monitoring scripts.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Understanding of structured query language (SQL)
- Knowledge of 'relational database management systems' preferred Oracle and SQLServer
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Up-to-date with technology and the Data Protection Act.
- Hand on experience in implementing DR solutions using the SAN based replication
- Good understanding of Redhat linux Operating system with OS troubleshooting experience to support Middleware platform
- Must have scripting knowledge (like shell scripting, perl scripting, php, etc) to automate routine workload like platform creation, deployment of application, and alerting of critical parameter.
- Good understanding of Rational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLServer etc…)
- Good to have hands on administration experience on messaging systems like IBM MQ Series and other open source MQ systems like ActiveMQ
- Ability to manage multiple tasks including Incident/Ticket management, Upgrades, and Deployments.
- Ability to work across teams to resolve issues and outages.
- Reduction in time to restoration of service outages
- Root cause identification and ultimate remediation of issue
- Pre-determination of issues before they become outages
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with database log analysis, statspack, tkprof etc.
- Hands on experience in Active-passive and Active-Active server clustering.
- Conceptual knowledge in Cloud architecture
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate