Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the role:
In the role of Senior Manager Rotables & Repairs, you will be responsible for all repair activity and efficient management of technical components including raising of all warranty and guarantee concerns related to Aircraft components.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures with clear objectives for the Repair group in accordance with company procedures and QCAA/EASA/FAA regulations.
- Determine and implement solutions that will optimize the repair cost, reduces the risk exposure to beyond-economic-repair (BER), reduces nil stock situations, reduces spares inventory levels, while maintaining highest service levels.
- Establish a process to ensure that repair quote is in line with technical work-scope, warranty conditions and existing support agreements and that Qatar Airways is not exposed to additional costs.
- Warranty awareness – To develop warranty awareness program to educate and familiarize all affected personnel of certain policies and procedures and warranty limits that should be followed and applied.
- Review and develop IT platform and improve IT assist claim process for long term establishment of claims database.
- Established cross functional communication process to improve and facilitate warranty claims management
- Enforcement of agreed terms in relevant Service Level Agreements by deploying effective KPI measurement and monitoring process.
- Review existing GTA and administer contracts compliance management to ensure appropriate corrective remedial actions are taken.
- Develop contracts and agreements to be put in place for Qatar Airways Technical related to A/C component services and support.
- Develop existing and new relationships with key vendors in the repair category through differentiated engagement strategies and vendor performance evaluation.
- Proposal development and assessment of proposal requirements and definition of service scope and concept, definition of repair planning assumptions, evaluation of cost and investments and development of strategic proposal documents and internal business case documentation.
- Responsible for all repair activity and efficient management of aircraft components. This includes managing dedicated repair teams designated for fleet or vendor type with effective motivation and provides continuous improvement to the work flow processes, quality, and turn-around timesupporting spares for operating fleet, new aircraft projects, ground servicing equipment and tooling. Ensure availability of components supporting entire Qatar Airways and contracted customer fleets requirement with high service levels in support of scheduled, non-scheduled tasks, retrofits, cabin standards maintenance activity, modifications, reconfigurations, ad-hoc maintenance requirements and other special projects in support of the Supply Chain Department.
- Ensure all processes are optimized and interface issues with other sections’/departments’ processes are streamlined by eliminating duplication and unnecessary administrative burden.
- Monitor and manage designated projects assigned by Vice President Technical Supply Chain and to ensure targets are met and objectives secured.
- Assist in quick recovery of grounded aircraft by expediting the repair of required tool or component, if necessary.
- Oversee and ensure that all technical repair orders are raised in a timely manner. Assist in development and implementation of appropriate tools and/or processes to identify and prevent ageing issues such as delay in raising the repair orders, turn-around-time exceedance from guarantee level.
- Review the repair quote evaluated by the department and approve the repair charges in a timely manner.
- Monitor and support hard time component removal forecasts and ensure availability of component under repair, which may be needed to support forecasted removal plan.
- Consult and liaise with the aircraft / component manufacturer and repair agencies regarding technical data to resolve or clarify issues related to the parts used during repairs of aircraft parts, tooling and other materials.
- Monitor and implement corrective measures on non-performing suppliers / repair agencies in coordination with vendor performance monitoring group.
- Support of the account management process with regard to the commercial performance monitoring and the adjustment/optimization of existing repair contracts through vendor performance group.
- Lead/support repair vendor sourcing process including proposal evaluations, commercial and contract negotiations through business award.
- Oversee and approve the budget requirements for his department and assist in completion of budget submittal for each financial year.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Senior Management.
Management & Leadership
- Management of all Repair functions and teams within the Supply Chain department.
- Establish the department or teams objectives, KPIs and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Manage and administer all repair related contracts and highlight to vendor performance management on short falls to be taken at Executive Management.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Ensure staff training/licences and permits are kept current in accordance with Qatar Airways Policies.
- Train and develop other employees, to ensure succession planning is in place.
Candidates should have a Bachelors Degree in a relevant Engineering Subject (or a previous licensed Aircraft Engineer), preferably with a Post Graduate Degree in a Management related subject. Post Graduate qualification in Supply Chain or Airline management related discipline would be beneficial.
In addition, applicants should have a minimum 10+ years’ experience in Airline/MRO/OEM with a minimum of 5 years in Component Repair or Contracts Management in a large organization in a similar role.
Required job specific skills include the following:
- Extensive knowledge of all facets of airlines’ component repair functions and management.
- Detailed knowledge of applicable EASA and FAA regulations.
- Detailed knowledge of Product Support Agreements, INCO terms, transportation regulations and engineering documentation related to component modifications.
- Strong negotiating skills and good business acumen.
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Ability to coordinate warranty and technical findings during repairs.
- Proven record of leading multiple teams and meeting targets successfully in a timely manner. Delivering beyond expectations.
- Preferably familiar with lean principles.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV