Quality Assurance Engineer for FXLM - Gateway QC ( AVP level)-18073768
Description About Citi
Citi, the leading global financial services company, has some 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 100 countries, providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management. Additional information may be found at http://www.citigroup.com or www.citi.com
.The FX business at Citi has a strong commitment to build out Electronic Trading in the FX market and is building a technology team to reflect this. The team is responsible for delivering a Price Generation platform that allows trading to generate FX pricing with competitive automatic pricing and execution 24 hours a day. This includes the ecommerce client, automated pricing, trade flow, market making and ultimately automated hedging. This is a role requiring an excellent understanding of modern Quality Assurance methodology combined with a strong technical background. Activities include planning software test cycles, creating test scenarios using industry standards, executing software tests, introducing efficiencies through automation, reporting results to management, and tracking defects while interacting with development teams. We view QA as an integral part of the development function and this role is highly embedded into the development team. Consequently, the individual will need unusually strong technical knowledge for a QA role.The successful candidate will need to be able to build first rate relationships with a geographically dispersed technology group as well as the business community. Critically he/she will need to be able to demonstrate evidence of QA innovation in a previous role.Key Responsibilities:
- Create clear, accurate and unambiguous technical documentation including detailed test plans, test cases, testing procedures and test results in accordance with company defined standards and methodologies.
- Execute test cases in a precise manner.
- Perform smoke tests, functional testing, GUI testing, backend testing and regression testing.
- Automate, execute and maintain regression test scripts using QTP.
- Envision new methods for improving quality and drive change in the organization.
- Identify, prioritize, track and report defects.
- Participate in the application development life cycle and drive quality in the development process.
- Collaborate and partner closely with program managers, development leads, test leads and production support teams to ensure requirements are gathered correctly and software is tested to highest quality.
- At least 4 years QA experience testing multi-tiered software applications.
- Strong background in functional and regression testing for enterprise applications following iterative and agile methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of full software development and testing lifecycle.
- Understanding of basic financial market concepts would be advantageous particularly derivatives.
Soft Skill Competencies
- Tools: HP Quality Center toolset
- Intermediate level SQL skills
- Intermediate UNIX / Windows OS knowledge
- Working knowledge of testing .net applications
- Prior evidence of QA process improvement through automation
- Good appreciation of web based technologies.
- A good academic background, with at least an under-graduate degree, preferably in a mathematical or technical subject.
- Strong aptitude for analysis and problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail driven
- Flexibility - willingness to work on many technologies – perhaps where he/she has little experience.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.