Customer Service Chemicals
SIRE Life Sciences®
More jobs by this advertiser
SIRE® is the market leader in Life Sciences recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continuous innovation. We like technology, in a Life Sciences market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!Our client is a professional Chemicals organisation, based in Zuid-Holland Netherlands.
The CompanyA global company in chemicals that operates in America's, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific. Making different kind of products: chemicals, commodity and performance plastics. With more than thousands of employees worldwide.
Role DescriptionThis temporary assignment is allowing individuals to demonstrate their capabilities within the Customer Services department. Within this role you will be responsible to support the logistics processes and ensure a good and reliable service to internal- and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities- Assessing transport requests for correctness and completeness and informing (internal/ external) of missing data
- Determining the most suitable mode of transport (road, water, air), assessing mainly well-known carriers on costs, reliability, speed, etc.
- Selecting the most suitable carrier, conducting negotiation interviews together with Supervisor on shipping and delivery times, tariffs (within framework agreements).
- Passing packing lists to outsourced warehouse, discussing methods of packaging, labeling, environmental hazard of goods, shipping times, etc.
- Providing transport documents to carriers and ensuring timely return of certain documents for shipment to relevant stakeholders
- Preparing transport (import/ export) documents
- Making various customs declarations with accompanying documentation
- Drafting and keeping instructions and work instructions and monitoring compliance
Requirements- Logistical study or relevant logistic work experience in Customer Service Departments
- Sufficient knowledge of Excel
- Preferably more than 5 years of experience
- Experience with customs activities (import / export) and dangerous goods
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Jurriaan van de Veer.