Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About your Job::
Manage a group of interrelated projects of the assigned LOB’s (Line of Business’s) IT Work Programme, by establishing scheduling, delivery, and resource dependencies and risk management across the projects to ensure the programme delivery in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner.
To assist the Senior Manager – IS in delivery of IT Work Programme in Information Services Units with a large and operationally critical work programme.
Lead the drafting of Business – IT strategy for the assigned LOB. Contribute to IT budgeting of the assigned LOB.
- Ensure 3 years Business-IT strategy for each of assigned LOB is drafted and agreed. Work programme should be derived from this.
- Ensure that the objectives for the programme are defined to enable measurement of success and reprioritisation when conflicts arise.
- Take ownership for delivery of the assigned programme and ensure projects under that are delivered within agreed cost and timescales. Ensure that available resources across on-site/offshore are optimally utilised within the programme to achieve the objectives and success of the programme.
- Ensure the list of projects to be undertaken along with key attributes such as business priority is defined and maintained. Ensure that each project is initiated at the right time.
- Ensure that any specific standards and procedures to be followed by all the projects/sub-projects in the programme are clearly defined, communicated to the individual Project teams across the stake holders and complied with.
- Establish organisational control structures for work programme (e.g. work programme steering group) working with Senior Manager - IS.
- Ensure that risks from individual projects are consolidated, prioritised based on risk exposure and resources are focused to manage risks with highest impact on the programme.
- Ensure that a consolidated work programme plan is established and maintained based on high level planning output from individual projects.
Management & Leadership
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Train and develop other employees, including staff assigned from National Graduate Development Program, if any. Ensure proper succession planning and risk management.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Responsible to ensure that employees at all levels understand work health and safety requirements and expectations through provision of relevant QR Group induction, information, instruction, training and supervision.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to assure employee safety, security, legislative compliance and delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensure that all managers and supervisors understand work health and safety requirements and expectations to the extent that they can pass on relevant information, identify training needs and provide appropriate supervision in their workplace.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Degree in a subject relevant to IT (12+3 or equivalent)
- Degree in Engineer/Computer Science
- Expert - minimum 8 years of job-related experience required
- At least 8-10 years of experience in leading IT projects, of which at least 3 years should be in successful delivery of large work programme.
- Airline Industry experience though not essential would be an added advantage.
Job Specific Skills:
- Applications development, implementation and support management
- Programme management
- Project management
- Team management
- Vendor management
- Effective communication skills
Mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills.
Technical experience required for the role
- Well versed in managing IT account for large revenue generating business units including preparing the IT budgets and automation strategy to meet the business vision
- Hands on knowledge in designing and delivering large and complex Tier ‘0’ application for airlines / airlines cargo department is a must, including application change release management, vendor management & SLA monitoring
- Deep knowledge of airline cargo end-to-end automation processes and systems for cargo sales, revenue management, pricing, handling operations, automated warehouse systems, messaging, community systems, IATA Cargo initiatives
- Knowledge of IATA initiatives for Cargo
- Deep knowledge of Production application monitoring, NFR testing & compliance monitoring, IT security aspects, query optimization, conducting root cause analysis and implementing sustainable CAPA
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate