Qatar Duty Free
Qatar Duty Free (QDF) is an award winning subsidiary of Qatar Airways, the national airline of the state of Qatar and currently operates at the Departure, Arrivals, VIP and Premium Terminal of Hamad International Airport. As one of the fastest growing Duty Free operations in the world, Qatar Duty Free operates from the new Hamad International Airport (HIA). HIA is also home to the newly created QDF Food & Beverage Division which will set new benchmarks in airport hospitality.
About the role:
In this role, you will undertake a wide variety of activities including processing invoices, petty cash, bank reconciliations, compiling a variety of reports including statistical, end of months reports provide support and assistance to the team and management. You will be responsible in processing of supplier/vendor invoices, processing of payments and ensure accurate accounting of all transactions. In addition, you will facilitate month/year end closing activities.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Manages the utilization of petty cash expenses and keep track of petty cash expenditure in line with standard financial procedures.
- Verify the payments and invoices.
- Invoice accounting in ERP System with proper accounting codes.
- Verification of invoices as per Contract in compliance with financial policies.
- Interact with user departments to resolve queries.
- Obtain confirmation of services/items with user dept, to process the payments.
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts and preparation of monthly schedules.
- Reconciliation of supplier / vendor accounts.
- Preparation of payment analysis & contract synopsis.
- Support auditors during annual/quarterly audit.
- Ensure strict compliance to financial policies and SOPs, maintain a system of internal audit and control in all financial transactions and ensure follow-up actions.
- Possess a high degree of analytical ability.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet schedules
- Any other field or administrative duties related to other operational activities on “as and when required” basis.
About You: In order to be successful in this role, you would have a Trade, Tertiary or Vocational Qualification or equivalent, or preferably a Bachelors Degree. In addition, you will have a minimum of 3 years of accounts experience including exposure to payables.
Additional skills required for this role are:
- Fluent in English language, both written and oral with excellent communication skills.
- Possess strong team player skills, problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, MS Access and Power Point.
- Must have the ability to analyse and interpret data
- Must have excellent organizational ability to be able to set priorities, handle multiple responsibilities work interruptions and meet deadlines,
- Must be having the ability to work independently , with minimal instructions
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of records and information.
Have strong knowledge of operation procedural related items of any airline, airport, cargo, ground handling and catering business preferred.
Proficiency with any ERP Systems (JDE Edwards, Navision, Oracle, and Axapta)
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate