Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the job:
The role of Lead Finance Officer - Outstation Finance is to ensure correct monthly closing of accounts and achievement of targets by outstation cells as per the directives given by HQ finance. Assist in Business Finance functions. Assist Manager Outstation’s business Finance with the Finance Reporting, Control process and financial risk management for an entire commercial region to identify and analyse the deviations from corporate finance objectives/ standards, providing solutions to address the deviations and managing the implementation of such solutions.
Key accountabilities of the role include::
- Analyses monthly financial statements of outstations, identifies the drivers of financial performance and process of potential solutions.
- Ensures compliance with international accounting standards related to financial accounting books and reporting.
- Reviews and updates the internal accounting policies and procedures and standard operating procedure of the company.
- Reviews and establish internal controls and implement the corrective actions.
- Reviews the contracts and compares the rates with QBIT vs actual invoice by conducting the self-audit for direct operating cost, Manpower and overhead cost.
- Conducts monthly impairment review of financial accounting.
- Produces periodic financial forecasts, projection as well annual financial plans.
- Identifies the reason for Variances and control Cost by proper business plan.
- Evaluates station Cost Management committee (CMC) cases for finance cost centre and provide guidance to stations on CMC queries.
- Audit finding results from Internal and External audit and check the audit criteria are being met or not, identify the best practice or improvement opportunities.
- Ensures staff sourcing activity” SRFs, SMAs, ORGs “are done correctly.
- Business finance support during the time of closure of the station or for new opening stations, facilitate new destination setup and training to outstation/HQ staff.
- Work closely with Manager Outstation Business Finance overall tasks and projects such as the review of the Outstation Control Framework, Monthly Accounts Review, any new financial systems or procedures.
- Reviews Exceptional report submitted by business finance officer and provides solution to resolve them. Also ensures these exceptions should be discussed with station Finance manager and cleared and ensure do not reappearance in books.
- Conducts self-audit on the basis of calling a sample invoice document, checks approved contract rates vs actual billing of Direct operating expenses, manpower and overhead expenses.
- Ensure control on station finance activities including administrative activities, budgets, ad hoc tasks, through HQ outstation team to oversee that the functions are performed and delivered timely as per set target dates.
- Create a plan to perform sanity check on the internal controls at Outstations of the region for adequacy with Group standards and policies, suggesting and implementing alternative solutions to Senior Management, if required.
Management & Leadership
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Interviews, recruits and trains local finance staff at outstation as and when required for smooth operation at station.
Key requirements of the role::
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Commerce Graduate from reputed university with professional accounting certificate like CA / CPA / ACCA / CIMA / ICWA / CMA.
- MBA Finance or Post-graduation Degree in finance.
Minimum 5 years of job-related experience required. Accounting experience of 7 years in airline industry with at least 5 years in similar capacity is preferred.
Job Specific Skills:
- User level experience in any ERP preferably in Oracle.
- Good working experience on spreadsheets.
- Strong aviation specific profile in either expenditure or revenue accounting.
- Financial accounts.
- Should be able to analyse and explain financial accounts / management accounts to finance and non – finance audience.
- Knowledge on contracts.
- Managerial skills. Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate