Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
In this role, you will be responsible for supervising and controlling flight-handling activities such as flight editing, transfer and boarding in order to achieve a high standard of service. You will also aim to achieve optimum satisfaction and on-time departure of flights.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Acting as station coordinator in liaison with GHA and QR department. Working closely with GHA and all airport departments to ensure on-time performance targets are met.
- Supervising airport team in achieving on-time performance
- Facilitating the Ramp Handling activities in liaison with GHA, caterers, fuelling agent, maintenance, cargo, and crew to expedite departure
- Working with all departments to ensure precision timings towards on-time departure are met.
- Utilising available resources by planning efficient duty allocation for customer service agents. Ensuring efficient use of manpower during duty period
- Reviewing aircraft allocations according to the movement messages / late arrivals / loads etc. Ensuring all departures are aware of operational messages and requirements
To be successful in this role you will need a Diploma or Associate Degree as a minimum. Ideally you will also have an IATA or Airline Certificate.
A minimum of 5 years experience in an Airline or Ground Handling Agency as Ground Staff involved in passenger handling and ground operations is required.
Additional Requirements :
- Overall knowledge of airport functions in terms of passenger handling and passenger operations with supervisory experience preferred
- Training in areas such as Passenger Services, Baggage Services, Ground Operations, Dangerous Goods Regulations and ramp handling
- Good understanding of Conditions of Carriage, International Civil Aviation Safety and Security procedures in accordance with ICAO and IATA and local authorities.
- Excellent skills to deal with Flight Delays, Disruptions, D.N.B etc.
- Customer Relations training such as Passenger Services, Baggage Services, Ground Operations, Dangerous Goods Regulations etc.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work shifts is essential
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV