Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
In this role you will lead the joining formalities team to ensure the delivery of a 5-star candidate experience to new employees from their arrival in Doha under the guidance in order to support the transformation of engaged candidates into engaged employees. Under the guidance of the HR Joining Specialist, you will manage the plan and the facilitation of QR Group Joining Day and Induction event activities.
Services and Operations
- You will uphold 5-Star service in the joining formalities and the QR group induction operations.
- Provide effective operational support to HR joining lead agents.
- Communicate effectively at all times with new joining employees and colleagues to ensure smooth operations
- Support ongoing joining formalities by ensuring all required documents, day to day schedules, files and reports are ready for joining events.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about Qatar and Qatar’s culture as well as to accurately answer questions from all new joiners.
- Greet and listen to new joining employees with concerns, feedback or frustrations about any topic. Respond with understanding and guidance within the scope of HR On-boarding and if possible direct them to an appropriate place for resolution. Escalate as appropriate.
- Take initiative to enhance individual candidate experience where possible.
QR Joining Day
- Develop and maintain a standard process for joining information delivery, documentation and collection across the QR Group, with batches to be administered on standard days and timings.
- In advance, review documentation and any special candidate handling information handed over by on-boarding coordinators who have booked joining appointments.
- Coordinate timings, transportation and process for joining groups to complete any required activities with Uniforms, Security, Finance, Facilities and the Banks.
- Ensure the team delivers a standard Qatar Airways welcome with critical first day information and resources.
- Note down any issues that arise during the joining formalities for follow up with on-boarding coordinators.
- Research and recommend content for the QR Group On-boarding Module.
- Develop and supply comprehensive materials, brochures and resources for new joiners about Qatar, about finding their way in QR Group, key joining processes and important places they should be looking for information as an employee.
QR Group Induction
- Facilitation and coordination of the QR Group Corporate Induction event from appropriate venue booking to invitations to required speakers and new joining employee, arrangement of materials and tools for each event.
- Develop and maintain an engaging standard program that provides critical brand, product and employee information.
- Support efforts to ensure the curriculum is consistent and complementary to the QR Group on-boarding module, L&D courses, department training curriculums and existing resources for information from across the group.
- Define and maintain standard timings and maximum capacities for the program, targeting for all employees to attend the QR Group Induction after their joining day.
Team Management & Development
- Contribute to a positive and enthusiastic team environment
- Keep self-updated with new processes, practices and regulations related to On-boarding, recruitment, Government Services & Employee Services and maintain a high level of product knowledge in order to be an engaging brand ambassador
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise
- Embrace feedback from all sources with a positive attitude.
You should have a Trade or vocational qualification with minimum 4 years of job related experience. Diploma in Hospitality Management, Events Management, other customer service industries or HR studies will be preferred. You should have experience in high volume customer facing, public speaking and presentation scenarios. Experience providing services to executive or sensitive customers and Middle East work experience will be an added advantage.
We are looking for someone with highly developed planning/organisational skills along with confident presentation skills. You should have the ability to adapt multi – task, solve problems and maintain flexibility with consistently positive attitude. You should have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Arabic speaking candidates will be preferred.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate