Provides broad relationship support for the local franchise in all product areas for credit-related matters. This includes but is not limited to management of the credit approval and credit documentation processes; regulatory reporting and ensuring sustainable controls and compliance with global credit policies; bringing a broad questioning approach as well as providing ideas for process improvements.
Works closely with and supports the Country Risk Managers, Relationship Managers, Finance Managers, and senior management in managing and mitigating credit risk.
• Ensure compliance with regulatory reporting requirements on credit risk.
• Manage credit documentation supporting credit facilities in line with credit approvals.
• Provide excellent service and support to the relationship management team.
• Resolve credit exceptions and help provide solutions for issue prevention.
• Work directly with the Risk System Support to ensure smooth flow of the credit approval process and information.
• Develop viable credit risk management controls to manage and mitigate risk.
• Manage all internal and external audit reviews relating to the CRMS function.
Central Bank Regulatory Reporting:
• Ensure accurate and timely CRMS submissions for Central Bank of Kuwait (CBK) reporting and maintain a good audit trail for all the submissions.
• Maintain accurate databases for CBK reporting and evidence all correspondence with CBK.
• Understand and implement various CBK reporting requirements, and closely work with Finance to manage reporting and compliance obligations.
Credit Documentation and Collateral:
• Receive, review and ensure safekeeping of credit, support and collateral documentation; record items in documentation and collateral tracking systems in line with credit policies.
• Ensure adherence to established processes; including collateral management and registration in credit systems, marking of facilities as available based on credit documentation requirements, follow-ups on exceptions.
• Develop and implement procedures for documentation custody and monitoring; contribute to standard and streamlined processes design.
Credit Preparation and Approval:
• Maintain relationship and facility data in credit systems; support business on portfolio related activities including CA preparations and update of credit information in credit systems.
Data Quality Control:
• Take ownership of the data and ensure correct updates in various credit and operation systems. Understand data flows for all data element categories; investigate and resolve the underlying causes of errors.
• Prepare and review month-end Cross Border submissions and information for portfolio reviews whenever required.
Limit Monitoring (next day review):
• Monitor end-of-day exposure against limits, escalate detected exceptions per policy, and address recurring exceptions. Implement process changes to correct technical exceptions and mismatches.
• 1 year of banking or equivalent experience.
• College/university degree in a business related field
• Broad understanding of risk management guidelines
• Broad understanding of credit systems and any other ancillary credit-related systems.
• Good organizational, time management (prioritization of tasks).
• Attention to detail.
• Customer focus.
• Quality orientation.
• Ability to handle pressure.
• Good communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills/teamwork.
• Arabic language skills are an advantage for this role
• Logical approach to problem solving
• Efficient and logical decision making
• Self Motivated
• Good learner
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer