Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the Role:
In this role as Technical Architect, you will be responsible for delivering technology solutions that add strategic business value. You will be involved in all stages of the development projects from architecture, design, technical solutions and reviews. You will also be responsible for research, analysis, proposal of designs and solutions that adapt new technologies and industry best practices. Technical architect will review the deployment solution architecture of business applications to ensure that all the required steps have been taken to meet the non-functional requirements of the business systems. You will be managing and providing support for all the relevant technology architecture and design related requirements (including costs), project support and technical support activities.
- Expert knowledge of Hadoop platform with HortonWorks, Cloudera, and Container platform using Docker / Kubernetes / Openshift/ GitHub/Docker Swarm/Jenkins and Middleware Platform covering JBoss product suites.
- Experience on RedHat and Opensource Middleware with at least 2 full development lifecycle is essential and BigData Hadoop platform with at least 1 full development lifecycle.
- Strong JBoss platform and BigData Hadoop platform experience.
- Good technical skills including: JBoss Application Server, JBoss Enterprise Server, JBoss Datagrid Server, Opensource ESB, HortonWork Hadoop Systems including Spark, Hive, Scoop, Hue, Ranger, Sentry.
- Technical knowledge on Opensource SOA Suite and BI platform and integration experience is an advantage.
- Strong experience on container platform and associated peripheral (GitHub/Docker Swarm/Jenkins/Docker/ Kubernetes/Openshift).
- Experience in deploying application and crafting of Enterprise Architecture of JBoss Middleware technology stack and BigData Platform build on HortworkWorks or Cloudera is required.
- Experience with system design, configuration, customization, integration, testing and support with associated Middleware certifications are preferred.
- Ability to develop solutions, addressing client business issues and objectives using a combination of standardized and customized services.
- Experience in building and maintaining Middleware (N-tier) and BigData operating environments through a deep understanding of application and client business requirements.
- Experience on using build and source code management tools like GitHub/Jenkins etc
To be successful in this role, you must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in IT or equivalent. You must have minimum 12 years of job-related experience. You must have experience in providing support for all aspects of Middleware(JBoss/Apache/MQ Series/Apache Camel), BigData Platform environment and Docker Container Platform from proposal response, application blueprint, implementation and on-going support.
- Strong knowledge on JBoss Middleware Platform, BigData HortonWorks Hadoop Platform and Container Platform using (any of Docker/ Kubernetes /Openshift with CICD pipeline creation experience) is mandatory.
- You must have experience in reducing IBM Websphere MQ and other Industry Propriotry Dataware house platform using JBoss, Open ESB and Opensource Bigdata Platform like HortonWorks Hadoop Platform
- You must have conceptual knowledge in Qatar Airways Internet Booking Engine, and Qatar Airways main website architecture.
- Knowledge of Platform as a Service (PaaS) is essential
- Knowledge of Containerisation. Application architecture and awareness of Micro services and stateful data patterns.
- Prior experience on Middleware Platform, Container (Docker/ Kubernetes or Openshift) and knowledge of BIGDATA concepts is highly preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate how to implement and use Github, Jenkins in DevOps environment.
- Ability to undertake optimization of the Middleware, Container and BigData Hadoop Platform and systems.
- Applicants should have good communication, technical documentation and leadership skills to excel in this position
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Passport