Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Qatar Airways is currently looking to identify a senior leader to join our Technical Engineering team as Vice President – Safety.
Are you a Safety Champion who will constantly challenge the status quo in a dynamic environment where on-time performance is crucial and processes are agile? Have you successfully owned and led safety programmes for an Engineering organization or an MRO?
If you are willing to take up the challenge of moving to Qatar and bring your expertise to one of the world's fastest growing airline, we would love to hear from you.
The VP - Safety will be a member of the senior leadership team in the Technical Engineering Department and will lead initiatives that will shape the future environment of assets, people and customers with regard to Safety.
- You will own safety policies and develop strategic plans to improve safety, including the Safety Management Programme. This will also include the continuous development and contribution to the Group Safety Management System, representing Technical Engineering.
- You will establish sustainable safety assurance by utilizing surveillance, data, quality measures, instruction manuals/bulletins and training. Through your leadership, safety will remain the highest priority on all aspects such as day-to-day operations, strategic change projects and other initiatives.
- Operationally, your scope will also include risk management frameworks, root cause analysis and high-level investigations where applicable.
- It is critical that as a leader you be a strong partner and coach to all divisions of Technical Engineering which runs operations 24/7.
- A university qualification such as Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- You must also have completed a recognized quality management auditor’s qualification as approved by IATA or IRCA.
- A minimum of 10 years of job-related experience in an aircraft technical or engineering domain, covering safety. You must have lead the safety function for a technically complex organization.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate