Senior Embedded Software Engineer
SIRE Life Sciences®
More jobs by this advertiser
SIRE® is the market leader in Life Sciences recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continuous innovation. We like technology, in a Life Sciences market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!Our client is a professional Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices, Biotechnology and Information Technology organisation, based in Groningen Netherlands.
The CompanyOur client is a professional Medical Devices and Information Technology organisation, based in Noord-Brabant Netherlands. A market leader in medical devices with a thorough insight of the clinical applications and the needs of consumers to develop integrated solutions.
Role DescriptionSenior Software Engineer needed for a full time, job position in Drachten, DA - Floorcare team.
As a Software Engineer your challenge is to design, develop and test embedded software for mass produced domestic appliances, reporting to the Electronic & Software group leader.
Responsibilities• Contribute to the estimation of the required development effort and run-time resources.
• Define, or help to define, the SW architecture of platforms, or products
• Write proper design documentation for the developed embedded software products.
• Write the source code in the “C” programming language, according to the applicable coding standards.
• Participate in reviews and walkthroughs as appropriate and write and execute unit /component test cases.
• Contribute to improvements of processes needed for developing products. Coach junior SW engineers
• Lead small SW development teams (SPL - Software Project Leader) within the boundaries of larger project team.
Requirements• You have a Bachelor degree or Master degree in software engineering.
• You are good in math and control algorithms development, and systems simulation.
• You MUST have multiple years of working experience in developing embedded software for consumer products
• Thorough understanding of modern software engineering tools, methods, processes
• You have multiple years of experience in developing software for ARM based microcontrollers.
• You are able to understand simple electronic circuits
• You are able to use standard measurement equipment like multimeters, logic analyzers and oscilloscopes.
• You like working in multidisciplinary teams and are able to communicate very well with different (international) people;
• You have no objections to travel and occasionally work some days abroad
• You have a pro-active attitude and high quality mindset towards your assignment;
• Technically, you are an expert in your area, able to develop own ideas and stand up for their feasibility.
Other information• Multiple years of design experience
• Prior consumer or automotive experience. Large production volumes.
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Sander Freeke.