Role Title:Senior Software Engineer
Business: Global Banking & Markets IT
Role Purpose / Description
• Work closely with the project team, other relevant IT parties and vendors to accomplish project objectives according to HSBC project standards and best practices.
• Develop data and API solutions, which are consistent with the custody data architecture globally, and ensure a high quality of IT deliverables always.
• Arrange system integration testing to ensure the quality of deliverables, and support business to complete user functional testing and conduct high volume and/or stress test.
• Timely report progress, and escalate project issues to development manager for the projects.
This is a Fixed Term (3 years) role.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
• University degree in computer science, information technology or a related discipline. Possess at least 3 years’ IT experience in development and testing.
• Technical Skills:
• Must - RESTful / API concepts.
• Preferable - Performance concepts (e.g. how to write code that minimize network latency, maximize throughputs etc).
• Must - Java 8
• Must - Spring, Spring Boot/Spring Cloud
• Preferable - ELK/Grafana
• Preferable - Oracle/Mongo DB
• Preferable - Hazelcast
• Preferable - MQ
• Experience of working in a team dealing with local/overseas parties, external vendors and offshore development resource would be ideal.
• Fluent in written/spoken English, with good communication and interpersonal skills to deal with people of different levels, functions and geographic locations.
• Able to work in high-pressure environment, use initiative and follow through with commitments.
• Exposure of working in regional or global project teams on global custody, direct-custody clearing, unit trusts trading, fund administration or transfer agency operation is an added advantage.
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC’s global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi’an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further