Role Title: Senior Business Analyst
Business: CMB GTRF
Role Purpose / Description:
Responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
To facilitate deployment of banking-domain and system expertise to analyse, estimate, design, document, test, and implement new system development and to assist in delivery of system enhancements, to co-ordinate with business representatives and delivery teams. To encourage best practices in the development of technical solutions by HSBC Technology China, thereby ensuring delivery of qualitative and cost efficient system solutions on time to exceed internal customer satisfaction.
Impact on the Business
* Facilitate delivery of system solutions
* Assist in conducting comprehensive analysis of the existing system and existing processes with data mapping, gap-analysis.
* Assist in conducting Feasibility analysis on initiatives with deliverables like Business cases, where proposals are signed-off by the client.
* Assist in capturing user functional requirements defined and documented comprehensively with a client sing-off.
* Ensure that the functional information is appropriately conveyed to the technical teams as per project needs
* Administer/conduct detailed System Acceptance Tests
Customers / Stakeholders
* Build-up comprehensive banking domain, knowledge base
* By acquiring, maintaining knowledge in various cross-functional areas of banking, financial services space through a comprehensive, current and relevant repository
* By documenting the domain knowledge by means of white papers, presentations etc.
* By participating in knowledge sharing and transfer.
* By disseminating functional domain knowledge to various GLT associates both proactively and for project specific needs
Leadership & Teamwork
* Showing Initiative
* Aligning with the team, and being a team player
* Be Flexible
* Be inclined to take initiative
* Maintaining congenial work environment
Operational Effectiveness & Control
* Compliance with group policies and manage operational risk
* Ensuring strict adherence to all regulatory issues and compliance of all internal controls
* Implement and comply with Group Compliance Policy
* Deliver considering the operational risk associated with the role
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
Business Analyst Requirements:
* Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology and minimum 5 years of work experience specifically in IT hardware, software, operations and networks.
* Proven experience in the HSBC business environment or an IT role;
* Basic understanding of how technology adds value to the business and ultimately the end customer;
* Some analysis experience and knowledge of structured techniques and Group standards;
* Demonstrated ability to rapidly build relationships with key stakeholders; and
* A good knowledge of IT hardware, software, operations and networks.
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC’s global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi’an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.