Job Description - Senior Business Analyst - HSBC Securities Services (0000CEHK)
Senior Business Analyst - HSBC Securities Services : 0000CEHK
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Business Analyst.
- Understand the business model, direction and strategy. Capture the business process, use cases and workflow underneath with the support and guidance from Product and Service Delivery
- Leverage strong analytical and product management skills to gain a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into applicable requirements
- Compile user stories and requirements via in depth analysis, including workflow, data, platform features and external specification analysis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level information into details, abstract up from low level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Articulate the functional needs, gaps and issues in a bigger picture as well as the granular details that enable an informed decision making on the way forward
- Investigate functional issues and gaps during iterative build or test process
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver artefacts as needed
- Drive and challenge business unit and customers on their assumptions
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community both internal and external customers and the implementation team through which requirements flow
- Relevant years of experience in Business Analysis function in financial industry for global scale of programme delivery
- Solid domain knowledge in financial industry or security services like Global Custody, Direct Custody, Fund Administration, Stock Lending, Cash Management or Foreign Exchange
- Global or Direct Custody domain knowledge would definitely be an advantage
- Candidates are expected to be best practice in process mapping, gap analysis, business requirement or user stories write up and process design
- Able to understand the business flow end to end and compile the granular details for execution
- Advanced writing and communication skills to translate complex process, regulation and market practice into an easily understood form
- Able to articulate the gaps and issues, provide options on the back of concrete analysis and drive for an informed decision
- Self motivated, Proactive and Positive
- Strong customer focus and commitment to delivery
- Experienced working in an Agile development methodology
- Being open, dependable and align the HSBC values
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
: Project Management
: Asia Pacific-Hong Kong-Kowloon-Kowloon City
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 10-Jan-2019, 15:11:52
: 24-Jan-2019, 23:59:00