Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM)
Retail Bank Greetering and Wealth Management leverages HSBC’s global retail banking expertise and wealth management capabilities to deliver a broad range of world-class retail banking solutions to millions of customers. Driving for growth in key markets around the world, the business comprises areas such as retail banking, wealth management, insurance and asset management, with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels that will differentiate our customer experience and deliver market leading retail banking and wealth management solutions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team.
In this role, you will:
A Country Head of Collections Operations leads and directs all default servicing activities for an assigned country, overseeing all local country Collections Operations functions required to undertake the collection of arrears across a variety of financial products in line with the credit loss plan and the target customer experience including, but not limited to delinquency resolution, loss mitigation and loss recovery activities. The jobholder is responsible for the identification, value assessment, treatment strategies and financial resolution of default accounts to realize maximum asset value while minimizing organizational risk and optimizing positive outcomes for our customers.
• The jobholder is key person to manage the centralized collection team to achieve collection target. The job also calls for the direct contact of customers, internal departments, branches and external parties on collection business.
• The jobholder is guided by the procedure manuals to ensure smooth collection activities under pressure and time constraints, which involves decision making in complicated collection cases.
• The jobholder needs to make the right decisions/recommendation to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of collection activities under time pressure and identify high-risk customer and potential loss.
• The jobholder needs to ensure all global collections operations model are followed and identify any risks that exist, report and remediate within a set time frame. The jobholder needs to be comfortable working with senior stakeholders regionally or globally.
• The jobholder is responsible for managing the collection activities on retail credit accounts. The jobholder must have sufficient managing skills including planning of measures and contingency, organizing resources, staff coaching, and monitor of people management capacity to ensure the high productivity of collection team.
• Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting.
• Maintain and observe internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators. Foster a compliance culture and implement Group Compliance Policy by managing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Regional Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources are in place and training is provided, and optimizing relations with regulators.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
Knowledge/Special Skills Requirements:
• University Graduate, master degree preferred
• Extensive experience in Collection operations from global organizations
• Broad knowledge of banking industry and market, particularly Chinese market.
• Proficient capability of English and Mandarin (listening, speaking and writing). Cantonese listening and speaking is a plus.
• Good PC knowledge and skills (Windows, MS Office, etc.)
• Comprehensive knowledge on the operation of credit cards, personal loans, or mortgage loan products and familiarity with relevant system.
• High effective telephone negotiation skills and strong but courteous telephone manner
• Excellent understanding of compliance related guidelines which affect collections
• Customer centric approach and service excellence mind set
• Significant leadership and team coaching and management experience
You’ll achieve more at HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within and inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank (China) Company Limited