Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the Job:
Reporting to the Chief Officer Cargo, the Vice President Cargo Operations will provide Startegic Operational leadership and General Management for Qatar Airways Cargo Operations, ensuring stable revenue and providing a professional and quality service. Overall Responsibility for meeting and maintaining compliance standards on all operational, regulatory and quality requirements.
- Plan and execute growth of Cargo Operations in line with overall airline growth, while achieving and maintaining the highest possible service levels for all customers.
- Creates and sets future strategy for the business needs ensuring business requirements are identified and represented. Develop the departments future strategy in terms of customer focus, growth and expected results or KPIs.
- Manages organizational growth strategy and skill/personnel requirements development.
- Develops and drives efficiencies in processes and oversee implementation within Qatar Airways Cargo.
- Plan and develop infrastructure that enable the delivery of quality Cargo handling and at the Hub.
- Strategic responsability to develop, implement, measure and monitor network operational compliance.
- Provide proactive leadership on Hub and Network performance reporting.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and security regulations and policies and ensure corrective actions are implemented for incidents /findings/reports.
- Lead the continuous improvement efforts to all internal processes in operations and administration to ensure QR Cargo capability to be and maintain status as Cargo provider of choice.
- Identifies needs and devises solutions for analytical and automated management.
- Manages annual budget planning and monitoring for revenue, operating costs and capital expenditure.
- Manage annual revenue budget achieving set targets for the current year.
- Ensure that planned profits are realised through effective financial management.
- Foster positive relationships with client representatives.
- Oversee vigorous Cargo operational safety, security and qualitythrough regular audits and observations.
- Effectively lead, manage, coach and develop managers, supervisors, and front-line employees.
- Lead, develop, implement and manage strategic business initiatives to achieve corporate Cargo objectives for sustained and profitable growth.
- Lead, develop, implement new resources to generate additional revenues and increase the service levels in both existing and new markets.
- Responsible for the Cargo operational safety, security and quality.
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key external and internal stakeholders and third party providers.
Minimum expectation - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, preferably in commerce or economics.
Preferably 10+ years Airline experience/Air Freight Industry out of which a minimum of 5 years in a Senior Management position.
Experience within an Airline ground handling organisation.
Experience in managing a large and/or complex facility.
Experience in transition of terminals.
Can run an operational team effectively.
Designing business plans.
Excellent communication skills
Detailed knowledge of ground handling operations and the associated cost impact.
Expertise in IATA Cargo Handling Procedures and Regulations and other Airlin Ground Operations processes.
Risk analysis procedures, Airline industry quality management systems and familiarity with ISO9001/2000 procedures.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV