Qatar Aircraft Catering Company
Qatar Aircraft Catering Company (QACC) - An Award-winning catering company, provides exclusive catering services to Qatar Airways and other airlines that service Hamad International Airport.
About Your Job:
With full responsibility for the Materials Control Department, the Materials Manager will review, verify and control all material movement, transactions and reports including receipt, issuance, usage and wastage. There will be a large focus on attaining robust cost controls pertaining to materials through verification and audit processes utilizing system reports and manual verification, developing a team of employees to drive efficient control measures implementing corrective actions where required.
Key accountabilities of the role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Set up, own and continuously develop material planning processes, create, review and participates in development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Carry out specific auditing at various points of the production process, example final customer order physically matches the dispatched load ensuring up counts and down counts are actioned accordingly to reduce over boarding of meals.
- Lead investigations as and when necessary on material controls providing conclusions and recommendations to the management team. Analyse material related reports and provide guidance and direction to the Materials team and other stakeholders on actions for improvement and efficiencies.
- Contributes to annual departmental budgeting by providing assessment of actual department costs, identification of major cost drivers and participating and setting ambitious but attainable budget in accordance with business strategy and the division. Monitors and controls departmental costs for efficient running of the department.
- Set up department material control reporting for the weekly management meetings and a monthly dashboard review. Include activity and risk reduction on loss of materials. Provide also, detailed reviews on improvement projects.
- Plans manpower requirements, oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
To be successful in this role you will need a Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with a least 7 years of relevant experience including materials management experience.
You must have excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Ms Access and PowerPoint. You must have knowledge of procurement, stock control, equipment handling, operations and dispatch. You must possess strong experience in store keeping, inflight operations and stock control. You should have the ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Additionally as a key management role you must have the ability to train and develop subordinates' skills.
In addition, you will have the following job specific skills:
- Knowledge of Food Safety Management.
- Ability to understand complex vendor contracts and develop own specifications to meet operational and financial requirements.
- High proficiency in computer software for reporting and matrix development.
- Managerial skills – ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow
- Strong communication, mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV