Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About your job:
As a Systems Specialist Self Service you will be responsible to lead innovative solution projects, from definition through to design and delivery. In charge of gathering business requirements and preparing the change proposal document to be shared with the IT and ensuring business objectives are met. Enhancing the self-servicing tools and functionality on the existing product lines of qatarairways.com such as, Self Service Kiosks, Self-Baggage Drops, Self-Boarding Gates & innovative solutions for GS.
Your Key accountabilities include:
- Responsible to create and update the Product Roadmap for one or more GS Applications to provide visibility on short, medium and long term direction.
- Prepare, gather, consolidate and document clear functional business requirements to enable accurate estimation of IT implementation effort.
- Build release plans for Applications to ensure development resources are used optimally to implement changes and new functionalities.
- Develop Business processes and workflows to support the adoption and utilization of new/changed applications.
- Formulating business requirement documents and balance product requirements with available resources
- Key liaison between IT and stakeholders in gathering business detailed requirements and delivering new products to improve customer experience and airport services efficiencies.
- Mediate between stakeholders to identify, understand and resolve conflicting business requirements based on Department priorities.
- Prepare, update release and projects progress reports to keep stakeholders and management updated.
- Responsible for delivery of new innovative solutions, application functionality on time to meet department strategic objectives.
- Keep track of bugs and enhancements and ensure quality is maintained on deliverables.
- Escalation to department Management level of project and process risks.
- Prepare/validate various project business cases.
- Post implementation monitoring and analysis of actual product performance in order to identify issues and gather feedback for future developments.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the department.
To be effective in this role you will need a relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor’s level with a minimum 5 years of relevant experience is Airport Services Automation projects.
You will require experience in a functional development of Airport Services Applications.
In addition to the above, you will require to have sufficient knowledge of systems such as DCS, RES, Ticketing and baggage as well as good communication skills. A well-developed approach to problem solving and analysis. Excellent skills and understanding of Biometrics, online and web services is desirable.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate