Relationship Manager-Commercial Banking-19003185
Description About Citi: Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities. Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all. We’re looking for a Relationship Manager to join our world-class team The Transaction Settlements Business (TSB) is a significant contributor within Citi Commercial Bank (CCB). The team is comprised of highly seasoned Relationship Managers across the US. The vast majority of our Bankers have over 20 years each of Commercial Banking experience, mostly working with high transaction, high deposit-level Private and Publicly Traded Companies. Clients are high touch, with large operating deposit balances and heavy users of CCB’s Treasury products and services. TSB embodies Citi’s unique purpose as the bank of choice for high risk industries such as Title, Investment Management, Commercial Real Estate, Property Management, Trust Banks and Mortgage Servicing. Our clients see us as trusted thought partners that bring simplicity in an increasingly complex world as CCB provides client-centric solutions for long term growth. A Relationship Manager will be responsible for the following
A successful Relationship Manager has these skills:
- Develop new-to-bank business relationships as well as cross-marketing of services to exiting clients through segment-based sales plans, to achieve revenue growth targets and maximize operating capabilities, profitability, and strategic focus in order to effectively penetrate the market and gain market share.
- Responsible for client satisfaction and relationship profitability, while providing commercial customers with a central point of contact within Citi.
- Provide product specialists with qualified referrals for cross-sell. Assist in closing deals across all products.
- Strictly adhere to internal control policies such as the account opening protocols of accurate collection, completion and updating of all required documentation.
- Ensure that the organization's activities are carried out in accordance with all regulatory, legal, and governmental regulations.
- Executes integrated sales, relationship, and treasury/cash management strategies that are in alignment with the regional business plan to achieve desired revenue and service hurdles.
- Uses sound judgment in determining potential clients/deals. Structure deals appropriately to balance risk and reward.
- Recognizes early warning signs and monitors clients to anticipate changes in risk rating. Presents concerns and solutions to mitigate potential future risk.
- Partners with other Citi businesses (i.e. Retail Banking, Institutional Clients Group) to ensure ongoing and appropriate communication to support overall client and franchise objectives.
- Maintains frequent interaction with centers of influence, diverse industry segments, community leaders, regulators, and senior business contacts.
- Undergraduate business degree, advanced degree is preferred
- Should have a minimum of 5 years banking experience, preferably in commercial banking
- Must be team oriented
- Proven leadership ability
- Must have a sharp business development focus
- Must have excellent client prospecting skills
- Must have superior organizational skills
- Must be able to express a sound opinion and be able to agreeably disagree
- Prior commercial business development experience within a large financial institution is desired
- Knowledge of credit process/credit training a plus
EEO Statement: Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Pay Transparency: Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.