Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.About the Job:
As a Senior Planning Engineer, you will provide specialized knowledge and team supervision for any of the assigned planning functions which may include Task card development, preparation / update of maintenance plans, planning / control of light and heavy maintenance checks, managing aircraft scheduled and non-scheduled work in line maintenance environment, with a view to optimize resources, minimize costs and ensure aircraft airworthiness.
Key accountabilities include:
Develop Maintenance Task Operation Plan (MTOP) for cost effective utilization of material, human and ground time
Ensure development and approve technically complex instruction cards for tasks originating from AMP, DD and ED for effective implementation keeping in view the practical aspects of the job Ensure definition task pre-requisites. Man-hour and ground time, skills, feedback information and material parts
Ensure development of heavy maintenance check phases and task sequences for efficient implementation. Ensure periodic review of Maintenance documentation, Like AMM etc. revisions and update relevant maintenance tasks instructions
Resolve queries and issues raised by certifying staff related to task cards instructions encountered during preparations and performance of such tasks Ensure necessary coordination with Engineering, production and supply chain pertaining to task instructions and provisioning of peculiar material and tooling
Evaluate heavy and line maintenance check ground time requirements thus realizing ground time saving potentials while ensuring efficient accomplishment of tasks
Carry out routine cross check / verification of critical activities such as TRAX Planning Query review, Deferred defects plan Vs due dates, Ageing work packages and defects, IT system data set-up, etc.
Set-up and maintain, in TRAX, aircraft configuration tree.
Ensure that all serialized components are set-up & maintained in TRAX during aircraft induction and this set-up is maintained accurately throughout the operational life of the aircraft.
Lead activities pertaining to aircraft lease return projects and participate in the negotiations.
• Degree in Aeronautical , Mechanical or Electronics Engineering or Equivalent OR
• A level with ICAO type II license , held for not less than 8 years
• Good Knowledge of English Language , written or spoken Preferred
• Project management experience and qualifications
• Expert – Minimum 8 years of job related experience required
• 5 years in Aviation Technical Experience with special focus on practical experience on major check planning and performance a base maintenance environment
• Minimum 2 year supervisory experience
• Familiar with aeronautical regulations ( Part M and Part 145 )
• Experience in MS Office Suite ( Word, Excel and Power Point )
• Familiar with QCAA, EASA, FAA and Transport Canada Regulations
. You should posses a strong interpersonal and with excellent communication skills, both oral and writtenNote: you will be required to attach the following: