Our client is a professional FMCG, Biotechnology and Agriculture & Crop Sciences organisation, based in Friesland Netherlands.
At HZPC Research B.V. more than 100 colleagues with different nationalities work on one of the most important food crops in the world. As Senior Breeder Retail Fresh you get the chance to work on the basis of potato breeding that meet the future market demands and (local) seed potato cultivation.
The retail fresh market focuses on the packaged fresh potatoes worldwide. The varieties service profiles from bulk to convenience products and are future-proof in relation to the conscious consumer and social developments. The varieties are supported by concepts based on own knowledge that communicate the values of our breed an products in an inspiring way.
You will give substance to the following main tasks:
- Visiting customers, growers and relations, empathically and with vision, to convert the needs together with the product managers into sustainable product profiles for the breeding program.
- To innovate, set up, develop and implement the breeding program, For this you should think of:
- The preparation, management, organization and assessment of various tests and test fields at home and abroad.
- Analysis and processing of tests.
- Collecting scientific knowledge about developments in breeding of various crops, for example on (quantitative) genetics, genetic gain, resistance systems, physiology, breeding strategies, new techniques and data analyzes.
- Developing breeds based on future-proof and innovative product profiles.
- Evaluating breeding material in trials and test fields.
- Compiling the crossing programs, supported by advanced analyzes.
- Prioritizing and coordinating activities with the research groups within R&D: Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Quality, Biometrics, Plant Pathology and Cell Biology.
- Collection and analysis of data for the breeding program and reporting and decision making to the involved SBA’s and functions.
In addition, you are an active player in the strategy development around the retail fresh sector! You will be supported by various specialists in the breeding team, as well as by colleagues from the various research departments.
We are looking for a colleague who recognizes him or herself in the following profile:
- You have a completed MSc or PhD education in the knowledge field of genetics and plant breeding, preferably Plant Physiology or Population Genetics.
- Affinity with plant breeding.
- You are open to cultures and have adaptability. You are fluent in English. Other languages are an advantage.
- You think analytically and substantively about the strategic route of the breeding program.
- You are demanding on your results, open in knowledge sharing and help your colleagues to develop.
- You have good communication skills, you are open and a team player.
- You are prepared to travel regularly and intercontinental.
We offer you:
We think in opportunities to create outstanding solutions.
At HZPC we attach great importance to own initiative and personal development. You will work in a professional yet informal work environment where you have the space to further develop yourself.
Furthermore we offer:
- A full-time employment contract.
- A group of enthusiastic and experienced international colleagues from specialized departments.
- Good secondary employment conditions, including a 13th month, a premium-free pension, a company car and a collective variable remuneration.
- A position in an international environment with a healthy and growing organization.
The location is Metslawier with the possibility to work part-time at the R&D Hub in Wageningen.
You can show your interest by sending your application (CV + motivation) before March 1, 2019 to Petra Kool, HR Business Partner Research (+31 612 44 2110 or Petra.Kool@hzpc.com). Or apply via the application form. For more information, please visit our website: hzpc.nl.
Agency calls are not appreciated.