Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the role: Culinary Development Manager:
In this role you will be responsible to translate the Qatar Airways brand characteristics into a world-leading airline cuisine product. As a Culinary Development Manager you will provide Specialist support to the development of innovative menus, hands - on support to suppliers and catering performance team to ensure delivery of five star product and food which is outstanding as a standard network - wide. You will track and report on compliance to QR standards and support delivery of all aspects of QR's Food and Beverage (F&B) offer as required.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing robust culinary support to the development process of new menus for selected group of stations/caterers ensuring compliance within defined parameters.
- Define and develop detailed recipes and product specifications for each individual menu component as required.
- Monitor and report across product quality and performance worldwide with regards to food and beverage delivery with detailed reports to colleagues and senior management to build and drive delivery of improved consistency of QR food and beverage. Actively monitors cost impacts and seeks out brand alliance opportunities to enhance the customer offering whilst mitigating cost.
- Responsible for reviewing the quality and consistency of all F&B documentation such as menu grids and plating guides.
- Responsible for providing hands-on support for internal/external events as per required.
- Evaluates alternative supply opportunities from an operational perspective providing analysis as appropriate to support business decisions and recommendations.
- Leads culinary input to station catering supplier selection processes, delivering robust analysis of caterer capability and a clear recommendation to support business decisions.
- Engages with suppliers to develop central sourcing and other supply opportunities in all markets to improve product consistency and reduce cost.
- Co-ordination of menu changes across all stakeholders to ensure clarity and alignment.
- Works directly with suppliers and teams to deliver the QR food vision, style and standards against clear plans and carries out frequent checks of inbound/outbound food, reporting results to ensure delivery is to specification i.e. offload analysis.
- Translates the Qatar Airways food and beverage philosophy into appropriate menus reflecting the cuisine characteristics of one or more specific culinary regions.
- Proposes and prepares menu items suitable for service across all cabins including crews.
- Responsible to ensure the accurate documentation of recipes, techniques / tips and inspiration in the Qatar Airways food and beverage manual
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate preparation of appropriate menu card documentation to effectively and efficiently communicate the content of the cuisine to customers
- Develop and manage menu structures, sector service matrices, ratios and menu concepts to reflect the customer profiles of Qatar Airways and ensure that complete information is provided to the catering team so that the product can be realised in production and to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the planning and organising of service simulations and trials when required and responsible for carrying out product Research and Development into Food and Beverage trends.
- Work with Qatar Airways Marketing and Media departments as and when required, show casing the Qatar Airways culinary flare i.e. filming and photography.
- Research new developments in cuisine and implement innovative recipes, techniques, culinary styles and presentation techniques into cuisine offering.
- Monitor customer and crew feedback to identify opportunities to improve the dining proposition.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department
Experience and Qualifications:: You should hold Bachelor Degree with minimum 7 years of job related experience Previous experience
- Experience in contract food service or a fine dining establishment
- Experience in food product development
- Excellent knowledge of Catering, food quality and production methods
- Creative flair to the culinary arts and exposure to the latest trends and developments in cuisine
- Proficiency in menu cost control, catering management and inventory management
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office suits
- Fluent in English for both written and verbal presentation
- Arabic Cuisine knowledge and language fluency will be an added advantage for this role
We are looking for someone with impeccable interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface with a wide variety of staff at all levels in a kitchen environment, with suppliers and airline management. You should have meticulous attention to detail with excellent organizational and planning skills. You should not be willing to compromise on passenger satisfaction. You should be flexible with the ability to work under pressure.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate