Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
Reporting to the Country Manager, the Sales Manager will provide over-all leadership on a strategic and commercial level for all sales and other activities within the assigned station.
To strategically develop and deliver revenue for Qatar Airways, maximising the return from existing market whilst identifying and penetrating new markets where appropriate.
- Accountable for the strategic direction of QR’s Corporate/ Trade/ Leisure sales in the station of responsibility and deﬁning the optimal way to increase sales by recommendations for routes, timings, aircraft type and other product development.
- Formulates and implements station sales strategy, including local corporate dealing policy, to maximise short and long term revenue opportunities, reduce cost of sale and generate channel shift where appropriate.
- Responsible for the production of short! medium-term local station sales and channel plan including revenue targets as a part of the integrated sales strategy.
- Responsible for identiﬁcation of new business opportunities and the development of marketing strategies in the station.
- Accountable for optimization of QR's resources in the station.
- Responsible for delivering set revenue targets for the station.
- Responsible for the implementation of sales and marketing plans for the station.
- Be a Customer Champion, through sales activity and inﬂuence of Customer Service to deliver best customer experience in the station. Maximise sales opportunities through value added [hotels/ car hire], partners.
- Monitors and provides a feedback on competitor pricing and promotional activity for the station.
- Manages marketing funds and other expenditure budgets of the station to ensure maximum value.
- Accountable for optimizing Corporate deals, Sales and Marketing Agreements within the station.
- Ensures QR has optimal presence in sales campaigns and public events in the station, gathering market intelligence and sales leads for distribution to relevant departments and stations.
Management & Leadership
- Recommends the sales strategy for the station and spearhead attainment of sales targets.
- Spearheads development and implementation of initiatives in the station that help build Qatar Airways global brand, increase industry esteem and preference and establish ownership of the market space.
- Manages relationships with other Airlines, Trade bodies, Government and Civil Aviation Authorities and general public in the station.
- Steers, leads and directs the station team to deliver corporate and commercial objectives and in such a way as to enhance employee motivation and satisfaction.
- Regularly reviews Corporate/ Trade/Leisure data with teams to drive revenue and seek out tactical revenue opportunities.
- Ensures regular group and individual reviews in order to achieve sales and proﬁt goals.
- Represents QR and participates on important client calls to provide a management presence and to support sales team in closing the business.
- Enforces and maintains sales professionalism standards.
- Responsible for all activities within the designated station including related contracts and other admin matters.
- Deputise the Country Manager during his/her absence from station.
- Takes responsibility for own on-going personal development and growth of expertise.
- Train and develop other employees. for proper succession planning and risk management.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Specialist - minimum 5 years of job-related experience required
- Strong sales ability (at least 3 years in similar role).
- Proﬁcient level of English and Mandarin Chinese, excellent organizational skills and knowledge of MS ofﬁce word, excel and PowerPoint essential
- Experience in dealing with corporates, government ofﬁces and semi government offices.
- Managerial skills
- Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills.
- Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV