Qatar Aircraft Catering Company
Qatar Aircraft Catering Company (QACC) - An Award-winning catering company, provides exclusive catering services to Qatar Airways and other airlines that service Hamad International Airport.
About Your Job:
In the role of Executive Chef, you will be responsible to maintain and increase the culinary quality standards of the QACC production, including menu development and safe food production in accordance with HACCP standards. You will ensure that production is within budgeted targets in productivity and material cost and you will manage the team in terms of the training and development, hiring and discipline.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops future strategy for the business needs ensuring the department’s requirements are identified and represented.
- Develops and executes succession plan for department while identifying required training requirement to increase department’s overall performance.
- Develops contingency plans and risk management for the department in cooperation with the company’s subject matter experts.
- Develops and measures department performance KPIs to drive a continuous improvement processes
- Ensures the cost effective utilisation of staff and equipment.
- Assures the timely delivery of the department’s services via forecasting and planning of labour requirement.
- Manages preparation of pricing, menus and beverage by taking into consideration competition, trends, recipes, product pairings, potential costs, availability of products and merchandising and promotions.
- Oversees the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labour targets.
- Implements policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Analyses food cost variance reports provided by finance to identify gaps in production, ordering and invoicing.
- Frequently reviews quality of purchased goods is in line with product specifications.
Quality and Safety Standards
- Ensures adherence to global food safety standards and internal quality guidelines like HACCP and other control points as outlined in the QA SOPs.
- Ensures frequent checks of product yields to confirm contractual compliance of suppliers.
Management and Leadership
- Clearly communicates and follows through on areas of responsibility delegated to subordinates to achieve coordinated approach of production.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
Applicants should have Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor's level (e.g. B.S. Degree in Food Services Technology/Management or A.A. Degree in Culinary Arts) and be a Chef by Trade.
A minimum of 8 years relevant experience is required including experience in a multicultural environment with culinary management experience in contract food service, fine dining setting, or restaurant with inventory and purchasing knowledge and control.
In addition, candidates should hold the following job specific skills:
- Proficient computer skills, especially in Excel
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, customers, client, and associate
- Proficient in menu development, cost controls.
- Ability to perform various motor skills such as; lifting, reaching, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, squatting, grasping and arm-hand coordination on a - continuous basis
- Ability to multi-task as well as stay on task and concentrate with constant interruptions
- Culinary creativity and menu writing abilities.
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members. Ability to manage a multicultural team.
- Good knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation Knowledge of P&L accountability and contract-managed service experience is desirable.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate