JPN - FXPB Middle Office, Operations-19022569
The FX Prime Brokerage Middle Office Representative’s primary role is to ensure timely trade matching and exception handling. A very high degree of attention to detail & creativity and awareness of potential market, credit & operational risk exposure is required. Also, awareness of systems & technology providers is critical as to recognize and deal with any outages that may occur.
FX Prime Brokerage is a service used by Broker/Dealers, Retail Aggregators and Proprietary Trading Firms to achieve consolidated margin, reporting and settlement from a single counterparty while maintaining the benefits of multiple FX trading relationships. The individual will require a sound knowledge of FX including, but not limited to, operations, pricing, margin & the Traiana/Harmony platforms. The individual will readily swap/share job responsibilities and offer new ideas to help the team to succeed.
- CGMJ is seeking FXPB Middle Office candidate to work in Middle Office supporting FXPB business.
- Primary Position objective: Provide support to FXPB desk in Japan, performing a Middle Office role in CGMJ Middle Office.
- Secondary Position objective: Participate in a variety of initiatives/projects to improve external/internal client services, to improve our technical platform / MO processes/controls, and to meet Market/Regulatory requirements
- Process trades executed away from Citi
- Manage trade exceptions in the matching platform
- Monitor main Prime Brokerage inbox and separate queries folder
- Awareness of escalation procedures to Operations management and FXPB business
- Ensure warehouses are always flat
- Be aware of potential situations that give rise to basis risk and ensure that trades are processed correctly as to avoid such a situation
- Monitor and resolve all technology failures relating to trade processing (internal and external)
- Be customer focused and responsive to ensure a high level of client satisfaction.
- Become an expert in PB transaction process flow
- Cover unexpected events by demonstrating flexibility to core working hours
- Work closely and effectively with immediate team colleagues, the business and other support & control functions to provide a high standard of support to FXPB business and clients.
- Performing assigned project work.
Native in Japanese language and Business level in English required, both written and spoken
Team player with good communication skills
Detail oriented with balanced mindset towards change and implementing controls
Ability to pick up/learn systems, trade flows and concepts quickly
Ability to work harmoniously with various teams and people from diverse backgrounds and nationalities
Good multitasking skills
JSDA: Class 1 and Internal Controller, preferred
Desired Level of Qualification:
Work Experience: Required, preferably in PB related role or in Support functions related role
Japanese - Advanced
(Can communicate like a native speaker and perform complex tasks）
English - Intermediate
(Can understand business presentations and speak at internal / external meetings or teleconferences）