EMEA Head of G10 Markets Treasury and CTI Product Control teams.
The role requires an experienced and trusted leader accountable for the relevant controls as described in the Product Control Mission Statement. The manager will be directly reporting to the EMEA Asset Class line manager.
Working with the managers and subordinates and in close partnership with the CSC Product Controllers to develop and ensure the team has the ability to continue to perform both as controllers and business partners.
· Ensure that consistent message is delivered and standard approach is implemented as per the Global Product Control Mission Statement
· Ownership of the locally executed controls are in line with the regional and global policies and procedures and accountability for the results and execution
· Ensure that all the resources: people (i.e. recruitment), technology, office are in place and appropriately support the PC initiatives
· Ensure proper on-boarding, training and retaining the team members
· Assist with talent management of the CSC team
· Close partnership and support to the other members of hub Product Control Management team
· Ensuring consistent EMEA Controllers message is delivered
· Manage controls surrounding daily production of PandL and balance sheet for the relevant EMEA Businesses
· Ensure best practice controls in place, followed across the teams and operating effectively
· Will include strong on-going communication with the Heads of Business Desks in across the region
· Management responsibility for a team of 10 FTE (including 1st and 2nd line managers)
· Drive improvements to the control infrastructure
· Identifying continuous opportunities for Finance synergies and driving the changes to increase efficiency and productivity
· Working with EMEA Product Control Management team ensuring that audits and examinations are conducted, as well as ensuring that the tracking of corrective actions for internal and external audits are diligently performed
· Ad-hoc projects that arise relating to further streamlining (or retirement) of existing systems or assisting in the implement in the introduction of new systems.
· Engagement: take ownership for the managed team and implement Citi people management practices to ensure excellent employee experience in the course of the entire employee lifecycle (e.g. regular team and individual dialogues, development opportunities, “Voice of Employee” actions, etc.)
· Implementing a culture of continuous improvement, self-development and creating opportunities for the rest of the team
· Ensure proper communication of the regional Finance initiatives through, for example regular team updates
· Ensure that a culture exists where matters of importance are escalated promptly to the management of appropriate level
· Provide agreed upon management information on a regular (monthly/quarterly) basis – performance indicators, control (MCA) ratings, including developing targeted Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and to ensure strong controls and reporting standards are maintained
· implementing and managing any corrective action plans if required
· Managing a Product Control team of up to 10 including 2 sub-teams with 1st and 2nd line managers.
· Significant challenge in terms of variety of products, processes and controls
· People management – recruitment, onboarding, training and retention
· Participating in senior management committees and in decision making processes
· Helping deliver the One Product Control team vision and the success of the broader EMEA Controllers operating model
· Work in the global institution with international exposure to different regions
· Work in a friendly and diversified environment, supporting balanced and agile work
Knowledge and Experience
· Extensive in-depth post- qualification experience working for an internationally reputed bank’s Finance Department.
· Very good knowledge of markets Citi Products as well as funding/Transfer Pricing concept
· Ideally have held senior Product Control position.
· Good financial product knowledge.
· Strong Control mind-set.
· Reengineering, project and process changes skills would be very desirable.
· Demonstrated ability to build and manage high performing teams.
· MA degree or equivalent desirable
- Extensive year experience in people management (experience in 3rd line management will be an advantage)
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills
· Very strong financial control skills
· Leadership ability to build a top class Finance team and develop them significantly. Ability to lead and motivate the overall Finance team.
· Excellent teamwork and project management skills
· Build trusted advisor relationship with senior management.
· Awareness of Citi people processes and policies
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
|Location:||United Kingdom London|
Banking and Financial Services
Finance / Accounting
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.