Senior System/Hardware Engineer
SIRE Life Sciences®
More jobs by this advertiser
SIRE® is the market leader in Life Sciences recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continuous innovation. We like technology, in a Life Sciences market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!Our client is a professional Healthcare organisation, based in Friesland Netherlands.
The CompanySenior Hardware Engineer needed for a full time, job position in Drachten.
Role DescriptionLooking for an experienced embedded-electronic engineer capable of leading electronic projects. As a senior hardware engineer your challenge is to define hardware requisites, and design and test electronic circuits under DFC, DFM and DFT concepts. You operate in multidisciplinary teams, and you coordinate with architects, mechanicals engineers and embedded software engineers for the development of modules and products. You also test/debug your prototypes, and you support test engineers in defining test and validation plans. When activities are outsourced you are the technical interface, and you monitor suppliers activities and analyze test reports and deliverables. In all projects you constantly align with Procurement and Cost engineers.
You report directly to Integral Project Leaders (IPLs) in project teams, and to the Electronic & Software Group Leader (ESE-GL) in a matrix organization.
Responsibilities• Responsible for designing domestic appliances electronic controls systems
• Ability to read, understand, and implement an electronic design from a marketing specification.
• Requires basic understanding of EN-standards and IEC/UL normatives for domestic appliances. Support testing engineers and QPLs.
• Ability to follow department standards, and procedures.
• Develop designs with minimal supervision for PCBAs controlling floorcare products. Monitor and guide PCB layout and prototyping.
• Provide professional communications skills with team members
• Provide proficient knowledge and interface to outside ODM/OEM suppliers.
• Provide support for Supply Chain and Life Cycle Management.
• Provide leadership and education to other team members, especially when acting as Electronic Project Leader.
• Provide quality workmanship in research and developing innovation.
• Provide technical assistance to other Engineering disciplines and PRC/Marketing/Procurement.
• Provide electronic interface to project teams via conference calls, design reviews, site survey’s and procurement calls.
• Lead small HW development teams (EPL - Electric Project Leader) in larger project team.
• Deep knowledge of analog circuits, power circuits, and discrete components
• Deep knowledge of PCB/PCBAs manufacturing process, and design documents and production/testing procedures
• Altium CAD, LTSpice
• Good knowledge of electronic laboratory instruments, and ability to autonomously test/debug PCBAs prototypes
• Good level of understanding of electrical control systems
• Excellent communications skills, also in English
• Ability to speak professionally directly with team members, including mechanical engineers and system architects
• You have no objections to travel and occasionally work some days abroad
• You have a pro-active attitude and high quality mindset towards your assignment.
• Basic knowledge of embedded programming (C).
• Previous experience with ARM-Cortex microcontrollers.
• Knowledge of SVN, Trac.
• Previous experience in multyphysics modelling and simulation tools (MatLab/Simulink) is a plus.
• Bachelor Engineering or master in Electronics.
• Experience with electric motors driving - UM, DC, BLDC.
• Experience with Li-Ion batteries management.
• 8 years direct design experience.
• Prior consumer or automotive experience. Large production volumes
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Euredice Bouthisma.