Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
In the role of Lead Finance Officer - Revenue Audit & Arbitration, you will act as final arbitrator for violations identified by BPO/Audit team and ensure there is no revenue loss to Qatar Airways.
With this, you will review audit process followed by BPO/Qatar Airways Commercial and recommend changes for best interests of the company and take action to prevent revenue loss/leakages due to various incorrect processes/practices related to Revenue Accounting (both Pax and Cargo) across the network.
Key accountabilities of the role: Relating to Passenger and Cargo revenue accounting, the key accountabilities of the Lead Finance Officer - Revenue Audit & Arbitration includes the following:
- Investigate, analyse and act on the rejections and disputes done by station/agents on the violations identified by BPO/Audit team to ensure there is no revenue loss to QR.
- Performs arbitration function efficiently, effectively, fairly and in timely manner to ensure there is no revenue loss to QR.
- Investigates, analyse and implements controls to reduce/close the gaps arising out of ‘Missing Information’ and ‘Wavier’ categories.
- Verify audit service invoices raised by BPO to ensure correctness prior to approving for payment.
- Provides management with various reports/analysis to provide insight on the details of revenue losses identified, recovered, saved and trends.
- Identify and Prevent revenue loss/leakages due to various incorrect processes/practices related to Passenger and Cargo Revenue Accounting across QR network and implement appropriate controls to plug the leakage.
- Review and Control of revenue recovery/audit services provided by BPO to ensure all SLAs are met by BPO and there is no revenue loss to QR.
- Create new/publish revisions of Internal Accounting Procedures (IAP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Revenue Protection Unit.
- To co-ordinate and support other departments (within and outside finance) to ensure QR’s interests are protected at all times.
- Perform audit/investigations on any revenue related processes as directed by QR management from time to time.
- Ownership of below mentioned IAPs and Policies.
- IAPs/SOPs relating to Passenger and Cargo Audit
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a QR’s 5 star standard of service delivery.
- Regularly evaluate the KPIs of the BPO and Revenue Protection unit to ensure that the company as well as departmental objectives are met with successfully.
- Review of BPO SLA deliverables related to audit and submission of compliance and non-compliance report to Manager Finance-Revenue Protection.
The successful candidate will hold a Bachelors of Commerce Degree or equivalent. IATA/UFTA Foundation/Advanced course certification is preferred.
In addition, the successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience in Passenger and Cargo Revenue Accounting along with the following attributes:
- Ability to work independently, set clear directions and manage workflow.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Proficient in using Ms Office and Business Intelligence reporting tools.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Passport