Experienced Scrum Master for Hardware team
SIRE Life Sciences®
More jobs by this advertiser
SIRE® is the market leader in Life Sciences recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continuous innovation. We like technology, in a Life Sciences market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!Our client is a professional Healthcare organisation, based in Noord-Brabant Netherlands.
The CompanyYou will be a part of the Business Unit IGT Systems which is responsible for marketing, development, manufacturing, services and solutions in the area of cardiac and vascular medical diagnosis and intervention.
Our customers are interventional specialists in the cardiology, vascular surgery, neurology and radiology domain operating in a wide variety of hospitals across the globe.
You will join a high-performance and culturally diverse department in a dynamic environment. The department consists of 20-25 highly educated mechanical /mechatronics engineers responsible for developing the robotic subsystems of our interventional X-ray systems.
Role DescriptionIn this role, you have the opportunity to be the servant leader guiding your Agile team as well as the broader organization (MDC department within IGT Systems R&D) on how to use Agile Scrum and Scaled Agile practices in a hardware development environment to delight customers and make a substantial contribution to the innovation of our clinical products. You will develop new clinical products & platforms, using the latest version of Scaled agile practices.
You will also communicate with stakeholders, escalate or remove impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement. You are facilitating and guiding the work of your Team and dependencies with Agile Release Trains (ARTs) teams + respective suppliers in the value streams.
Responsibilities• Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher level of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
• Facilitates Agile team ceremonies as Iteration Planning, Daily Standup, Refinement sessions, Demo and Retrospective and improve on these ceremonies to bring your team to the High Performing state
• Participate and contribute to daily synchronization meetings; Daily Scrum of Scrum, Daily ART sync in the Agile Release Train
• Removing impediments for the team with tenacity and urgency
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on refining and maintaining the product and team backlog
• Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
• Facilitate with your team the estimation and planning for creation of useful, reliable and practical plans for next Program Increment (ARTs quarterly commitment), and support Product management Team in high level estimation of the product roadmap (1 year view)
• Being involved in cutting edge technology and development practices and mentoring the rest of the team in these areas
• Manages and optimizes the flow of value through the Team and ART using various tools, such as the Team & Program Kanban and other information radiators.
• Encourages collaboration between teams, ARTs, Suppliers, Architects, Engineering, Marketing, Q&R etc. (e.g. continuous delivery pipeline, Lean UX, DevOps and Extreme Manufacturing)
• Assists Product Manager, Product Owners, System Architect and stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment and tracking the execution of features and capabilities in your team and ART
• Provides full transparency and radiates status to all relevant stakeholders
• Drives continuous improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assesses the agility level of the Team and ART and helps them improve
• Foster built-in quality practices (like team predictability, zero defect adherence, 1st time right, continuous integration development, etc.)
• Foster built-in Extreme Manufacturing practices (like Object Oriented Modular Architecture, Test Driven Development, Iterate the Design, partners/suppliers patterns, etc.)
• Hardware knowledge and translation to Agile Scrum for : Supply Chain (prototyping, reducing delivery times, supplier involvement in scrum teams etc.) & Purchasing involvement, Product Data Management & Product Breakdown Management, , HW Continuous testing and integration, how to sprint with long lead items /actions, etc)
Requirements• Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Hardware Engineering or Software Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems
• At least 2+ years of experience as a scrum master for one or more hardware development teams, preferably in the healthcare industry
• 8+ years of experience working through the design, development, release cycle and delivering complex products to the market
• Experience with servant leadership, confident and inspirational, able to convey goal and purpose, while encouraging self-organization
• Familiar with Agile Scrum methodologies in Hardware. Scaled Agile Framework experiences is a pre.
• Familiar with Agile tools and practices, strong experience with Agile Lifecycle Management Tools (Microsoft TFS) will be an added advantage
• Self-starter, quick learner and ability to work in a global team setting
• Behavioral competencies; Business Insight, Customer Focus, Plans and Aligns, Optimizes Work Processes, Develops Talent, Manages Conflict
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Mellissa Pan.