Job Description - HSBC Securities Services Regional Product Manager (0000D8XZ)
HSBC Securities Services Regional Product Manager : 0000D8XZ
To lead the HSBC Securities Services (HSS) Regional and US Domestic Custody product to achieve strategic business objectives and maximise the long-term bottom line contribution of the US Domestic Custody product to HSBC Securities Services globally, while maintaining a focus on the associated risk of all potential product changes/additions.
Impact on the Business
- The role contributes to the establishment, maintenance, and on-going enhancement of HSBC’s reputation for service excellence as it relates to the Regional Custody product within Global Banking & Markets, across HSS, and externally into the industry. The 3 key activities in achieving this are  Domestic US and Regional Custody business and product management,  product escalation point of the HSS Custody Operations Service unit, and  being front and centre in the industry proactively attending industry consultations, seminars, and seeking leading roles in locally formed working groups.
- [1 and 2] Business and Product management will focus on maximizing revenue, both retention and growth opportunity, in support of HSS, and in driving change to ensure a consistently rated superior service. Responsible for setting, managing, and reporting of annual budgets and cost management targets for the business. Develop and drive global best service standards adopted from across the branch network through close and co-operative relationships with other branches, product head office, and the Affiliates to maximise consistency of process in Custody Operations Regionally. Contribute to the development, maintainence, and implementation of the Target Operating Model as it relates to services provided by Custody Operations New York
-  Champion of the product, internally within HSBC across Global Banking and Markets and HSS and externally with market regulators, infrastructures, and Affiliate businesses alike.
- Contribute to achieving or exceeding the financial targets committed to in the Annual Operating Plan via provision of effective solutions to operational problems and requirements. By driving retention strategy of the product, retaining all existing business and contributing to new business targets by continually assessing, improving, and adding to the service offering. By establishing strong and influential relationships with Operations, HSS Americas management, and across the Product global headquarters in London and Hong Kong. By overseeing the development of differentiated service or addition to the product offering in line with clients expectations, with the solutions being robust, re-usable, and efficient. Measured by the achievement of revenue targets. Ensure the product is managed in an efficient operational environment without compromising on high service standards. Measured by the achievement of cost and performance targets.
- Oversee provision of the highest levels of customer service. By ensuring Regional Operations and HSS staff have a broad understanding of the environment in which they work, including a full understanding of the clients’ business needs and how they are likely to evolve. By supporting the build of a strong and knowledgeable team, providing ongoing development and coaching. Measure - obtaining high satisfaction levels in surveys from Affiliates, 3rd party asset managers and strategic clients achieving higher ratings in industry surveys than competitors, making demonstrable advances in development of service.
- Maintain an influential position with industry regulators and the market by nurturing excellent working relationships with senior representatives of regulators, market infrastructures and other securities market participants. By active participation in industry organisations and forums. Measure – effective senior-level support is given to business initiatives to influence industry change where required. Actively promote initiatives by product heads (Sub-Custody Operations and HSS) that will help HSBC Bank USA N.A. (HBUS) be seen to take a leading influential role in the industry, with a track record of solid, demonstrable achievement of change for the benefit of clients and the market place alike.
- Exercise leadership in the HSS businesses by demonstrating commitment to HSBC’s core values of integrity commitment and teamwork. By developing talent and by maximising staff engagement. By taking on a clear role of business champion, by communicating and recognising achievements. Measures: existence of pipeline of talented, motivated individuals, regular transfer of staff between functional lines in the States and globally (as appropriate). Staff view HSS as a desirable place to work and understand the broader environment in which HSS Custody operates.
- Develop effective working relationships with fellow Product heads locally, in the UK and with Asia Pacific by forging strong mutual product understanding with associated HBUS business lines and support functions such as Markets Operations, Payment and Cash Management (PCM), Global Custody (GC), Business Risk & Controls Management (BRCM), Financial Crimes Compliance (FCC), and Human Resources (HR) etc., and ensuring the processing product roles work effectively with their counterparts. Undertake effective upward management with Product, Markets, London and Hong Kong functional managers. Measures – product delivery is seamless to the client due to close interaction with other business functions. Communications with Asia Pacific and global management are clear and consistent and focussed on the development of the business.
- Comply with relevant internal procedures (Functional Instruction Manual, Business Instruction Manual, Group Instruction Manual) Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the Product in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy and Global Standards. Maintain HSBC Internal Control standards, including the timely implementation of solutions for internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and act in a manner that takes account of all operational risk considerations.
- In HBUS HSS Custody there’s a need to clearly differentiate service provision and our US Custody offering will aggressively support our GC Affiliate’s in targeting new business opportunity and aid in retaining existing business. Development of the domestic market opportunity will remain a key driver to future business success. US Custody business will need to work closely with our GC Affiliates to target business opportunity, achieve financial targets, and expand its market share.
- Global Standards and the impact they have on the traditional structuring and operation of the Custody product to ensure that the teams identifying and leading these Standards have line of sight into the potential impact of implementation.
- Risk management – the jobholder has a key role to play in ensuring that the varied risks inherent in the product and process are correctly understood, managed, and accurately communicated to all relevant parties (including regulators).
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Management of Risk
- Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Each employee must maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year end performance assessments.
- Each employee must understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
- Expert knowledge of global securities markets including the US from the most sophisticated to the most rudimentary spanning domestic custody and cross border global custody
- Proven track record in working within securities custodian industry in a senior role
- Working knowledge of support functions (Risk, Controls, Compliance, Legal, etc.)
- Proven change management skills
- Proven consulting skills at all levels
- Proven team management and leadership ability
- Highly developed communication skills
- Experience of over 10 years in the securities business with a significant focus on the custody sphere
: North America-United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
: North America-United States-New York-New York
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 26-Jun-2019, 00:59:58
: 26-Jul-2019, 11:59:00