Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the role:
In the role of HR Policies Specialist, you will develop the HR policies for Qatar Airways Group based in Doha and international outstation in accordance with Qatar Airways strategy, rules and regulations as well as local operating legislative framework.
You will coordinate with all concerned internal stakeholders in order to propose and manage policy implementation and strive for continuous improvement to ensure the achievement of the company goals through effective people policies and management practices.
- Formulate, review, communicate, apply, promote and monitor corporate HR policies and procedures on all Human Resources matters.
- Contribute to designing new policies based on the best practice and according to the existing framework or guidelines.
- Ensure the on-line availability of the HR Policies on the Policy Centre Database i.e. through Qatar Airways Intranet.
- Ensure that changes in policies and procedures are communicated on a timely basis to the users/staff
- Provide guidance to all staff and managers on the interpretation and application of HR policies and procedures within HR and across Qatar Airways Group.
- Keeps abreast of legislative changes, with a view to assess potential impact on HR policies, and provides timely updates on existing polices.
- Create and develop standard forms and templates for the consistent and comprehensive capture and storage of policies information needed to meet the business requirement.
- Project manages the implementation and review of HR policies.
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders to solve issues, exchange ideas and get their buy-in
- Observe all statuary and local policy requirements in the undertaking of all duties and responsibilities
- Identify trends and changes in employment practices and legislation, in order to, formulate and develop key HR policies, processes and programmes, in line with local law and regulations creating a consistent approach.
You will have a Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Economic or Public Policy as well as a minimum of 5 years of experience relating to HR Policy.
A sucessful candidate will have:
Required job specific skills include the following:
- Proven ability in seeking and applying knowledge, information and best practices.
- Proven ability to work under pressure to defined time scales and budget.
- Knowledge of employment law and its application
- Skill in understanding and interpreting complex, technical and legal materials related to human resources management.
- Ability to provide policy-related consultation and guidance on policy related matters
- Ability to analyse data, draw conclusions and provide viable recommendations for ambiguous situations
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities.
- Research and policy writing skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills in English and corporate correspondence
- Excellent organisational ability to be able to set priorities, handle multiple instructions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven experience of demonstrating flexibility to meet the changing demands of the business
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate