Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the role:
As the Business Finance Manager for Cargo, you will be responsible for the preparation of financial and strategic information, monitoring variance against the budget, evaluating opportunities/risks, and implementation of cost control. As a leader, the role will assist staff members in providing value-added, meaningful, and insightful reporting and analysis for Senior Management.
Key accountabilities of the role:
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods for financial accounting and supervise month end / year end closing activities.
- Prepare, analyse and present on monthly KPI performance to budget holders, analysing revenue/expenditure variance ensuring that actual income and expenditure remains in line with plan.
- Lead investigation when variances are significant and recommend necessary control action as required.
- Present an objective view of the financial situation and provide sound recommendations for the allocation of resources in the most efficient way to achieve the business goals and objectives.
- Lead, direct and manage the preparation, execution and analysis of the budget, meeting timelines whilst challenging budget holders to ensure optimum utilisation of resource.
- Develop, prepare and communicate daily, weekly and monthly operational MIS reports to assess the performance of the business unit.
- Develop advanced financial models and conduct analysis using a broad range of quantitative tools and techniques (trend analyses on past financial and operational performance, root cause analyses, analysis of profitability drivers, scenario modelling for future options, unit-cost benchmarking, etc.).
- Establish corporate and Division financial goals and work with divisions to build budgets and forecasts meeting these targets.
- Analyse actuals, forecasts, and budgets and prepare analyses for upper management of Division and corporate performance against benchmarks.
- Analyse capital spending projects and make recommendations for approval, rejection, or rework.
- Develop business cases and scenario models to drive better business decisions.
- Develop Business Cases justifying large capital projects, explaining financial performance, or the financial forecast.
- Meet weekly with upper management to explain capital or headcount needs and help divisions obtain resources.
- Create reports and presentations for senior leadership.
- Analyse and interpret financial data for use in management reviews and decisions.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis for senior management.
- Maintain a financial best practices platform, both, industry-specific and cross industries. Supervise the preparation, communication and follow up of debtor accounts on weekly basis.
- Review commercial contracts and business proposals, to be in line with policies and procedures.
- Introduce a way of thinking culture within the business unit that encourages people with the authority to recommend projects to first consider their value, risks and relative priority as a fundamental element of submitting the project proposal.
- Responsible to lead the units strategic business drivers to determine investment allocation, creating comprehensive and highly structured Business Cases for proposed projects, ascertaining investment cost and benefits to scope, dependencies, risk, and its alignment to strategic objectives.
- Accountable for evaluating opportunities/risks by providing sufficient information to facilitate fair evaluations.
- Develop, monitor and review, Internal Accounting Policies and Standard Operating Procedures for each area of operation within the business unit, in line with business needs, with focus on process improvement and internal control.
You will have a Bachelors Degree with preferably CA/CPA/MBA and a minimum of 7 years of business finance related experience.
In addition, you will have the following job-specific skills and experience:
- Airline experience is preferred
- Highly advantageous to have experience specifically in Air Cargo
- Highly preferable to have exposure in Airline Route profitability analysis
- Experience working to tight internal reporting timescales.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills are a must, as is the ability to work effectively across the organization.
- Good knowledge of internal finance system
- Knowledge of cost centre accounting, preparing budgets and forecasts.
- Must have the ability to analyse, interpret data and present effectively.
- Must have excellent organizational ability to be able to set priorities, handle multiple tasks
- Must have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of records and information.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to review variances, understand business cycle and their impact on the profit and loss account
- Must have excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, MS Access and Power Point and have proficiency with Oracle Financials.
- Must have good interpersonal skills
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate