Job Description - Head Of Trustee and Business Management (0000D9D0)
Head Of Trustee and Business Management : 0000D9D0
Role Title: Head of Trustee and Business Management
Business: Asset Management
New or Existing Role? New
- This role profile describes the activities that an individual will undertake with specific reference to the creation and ongoing management of the HSBC Master Trust.
- Reporting to the Head of Business for HSBC Retirement Services Limited (HRSL,) Director of HRSL, this is a senior leadership role in the development of HSBC’s new pensions proposition in the UK. The individual will be a senior contributor in the design of the solution and will be responsible for driving the delivery of the overall project. Additionally, the role will be responsible for managing the relationship between the Directors of HSBC Master Trust Trustees Ltd and HRSL. The role holder is expected to:
- Provide strategic advice and business management support to the Head of Business in managing the everyday activities and development of the Master Trust proposition. Engage with client-facing teams and key functional stakeholders to develop a commercially viable pensions proposition for AMG’s target market.
- Programme manage the end-to-end development aspects of the project, with a focus on meeting client needs, while delivering to timeline and budget.
- Ensure the LMC and HRSL Board is kept up to date with regulatory and business trends and developments in the UK Pensions Market, notably with regard to DC schemes and Master Trusts.
- Ensure the Business Plan submitted to the Trustees and regulator is delivered, or where it is not that changes are properly reconciled and communicated to the agreement of all the principals.
- Act as the conduit between HSBC and the independent Trustee Board, supporting the alignment of objectives and interests in the development and running of the HSBC Master Trust.
- Effectively manage the three key oversight committees: Local Management Committee (LMC), HRSL Board and Trustee Board.
- Represent the interests of the Trustees in strategic discussions and regular meetings of the LMC, and protecting their interests in the event that HRSL fails to deliver against the regulatory/business plan “milestones.”
Impact on Business
- Strategic: Provide strategic leadership in the development of the commercial proposition, building a business that meets the needs of clients and is a source of value to HSBC’s shareholders. Providing input and challenge to all aspects of this new business proposition.
- Governance: Optimize the alignment between the Trustee Company and HRSL/LMC, ensuring the connection and cohesion of thinking and plans is effective. Maintain robust oversight of the Business Plan and ensure that all stakeholders and forums are kept fully informed.
- Clients: Work with the Head of Business and client-facing LMC colleagues, to ensure that client requirements are met and that service provider offerings are fit for purpose.
- Regulatory: Support HRSL and the Trustee Board with regulatory engagement. This is expected to be a significant requirement in the development phase. Deliver regulatory reporting, including updates to the Business Plan and Continuity Strategy. Provide knowledge and expertise regarding pensions industry trends and regulatory changes
- External Service Providers: Ensure that new service provisions are developed and delivered to the satisfaction of HRSL and Trustees and that appropriate oversight frameworks are established. Co-ordinate the tri-partite service agreement between HMTT, HRSL and external service providers from the HMTT perspective. This task includes management on behalf of the Trustees of professional service providers to the trustees e.g. legal advisers and the Investment Adviser
Leadership & Teamwork
- Act as the central point of contact between the AMG, HRSL and Trustees, leading the effective alignment between the entities and their respective priorities.
- Direct engagement with AMG Exco Sponsor, HRSL Head of Business, HRSL Chair and AMMT Chair of Trustees.
- Provide leadership in the Trustee relationship management with HSBC
- Provide leadership in the project, helping to define clear deliverables and acting a senior team member
- Actively support the Chair of Trustees in leading the HMTT Board
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure the standards and measures of delivery by all service providers to HMTT are established at appropriate levels to meet trustees’ and clients’ expectations, reviewing their suitability on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure policies and procedures comply with HSBC Global Standards
- Work pro-actively with service providers to monitor performance against those standards, and agree rectification procedures and actions when necessary.
- Work with HMTT to evolve the operational service proposition, while ensuring the Trustee Directors deliver service standards to beneficiaries in areas where trustee input/action is required e.g. executing nomination of beneficiary wishes
- This is a new start-up business line in HSBC, in the Retirement Services space where AMG has limited experience. The proposition requires constant monitoring and regular adaptation as we evolve our competitive positioning.
- To deliver the UK Master Trust proposition as a coordinated proposition, which meets clients’ needs in the UK.
- Managing a tri-partite relationship structure for a major new business line is a rare challenge within HSBC. This is compounded by having to manage a proposition where a third-party (HMTT) is ultimately accountable to clients and the regulator.
- The Business Plan assumptions are forecast on a ‘best endeavors’ basis. Delivery to expectations could be very challenging, and winning a first few large clients will require excellent teamwork and consistency of messaging
- To ensure activities delivered by Capita and other third parties are well bedded down and run smoothly
- In a cost-challenged environment, securing appropriate resources from functional areas will be critical.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
UK Pensions experience, preferably Defined Contribution schemes, demonstrating sound knowledge across all elements of a successful pensions solution.
Experience with corporate and Trustee boards is required.
Experience with TPR and pensions administrators is preferred.
The ability to navigate complex stakeholder relationships and to drive complex projects with direct or virtual management experience. The individual must demonstrate an innate tenacity to push through complexity and find solutions to problems.
Proven ability to see full end-to-end project requirements and set realistic timelines.
- Highly developed strategic and analytical thinking with proactive issue resolution and risk management with attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with track record of delivering business transformation.
- Gravitas and leadership skills to liaise with senior internal and external colleagues
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a team and the ability to lead, influence and motivate others.
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
: Wealth Management.
: Europe-United Kingdom-Greater London-London
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Global vacancy
: 29-Jun-2019, 00:40:03
: 13-Jul-2019, 06:59:00