Role Title: Senior Consultant Specialist
Business: Commercial Banking IT
Role Purpose / Description
- Hands-on development of application on medium/large scale critical platforms
- Able to initiate the project foundation and deliver the core/critical logic in the project
- Demonstrate a deep, hands on experience on Object-Oriented Design
- Lead engineering teams to deliver modern corporate banking digital products using agile techniques
- Be and inspiring and lead by example with a collaborative attitude. Promote a DevOps culture to the team
- Have strong experience building highly productive teams of technically talented engineers
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of work experience specifically in frontend / backend development, system integration / migration.
- Working experience on Java and Spring framework. Experience on Spring Boot and Spring Cloud is a plus
- Working experience on relational database, especially Oracle. Experience on MongoDB database design is a plus
- Experience on CI, CD - tools such as Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, SonarQube, Ansible
- Familiar with Test automation tools JUnit, Selenium, Cucumber
- Experience on DevOps processes and Agile methodologies – Scrum, Kanban
- Familiar with development on PaaS and IaaS platform such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Google Cloud Platform
- Effective communication skills in spoken and written English
- Proactive and attention to detail. Sense of urgency to solve problems and propose solutions
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC’s global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi’an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.