Role Title: Senior Software Engineer
Business: Commercial Banking IT
Role Purpose / Description
- Analyse business needs and provide IT solutions to meet business requirements
- Design and develop IT solutions according to established standards and best practices
- Arrange and conduct testing to ensure the quality of deliverables
- Provide system support of business applications and resolve problems that may occur during business hours and non-business hours
- Provide on-going support and maintenance on existing IT solutions
- Maintain a good working relationship with users
- Work closely with HSBC business and IT parties to meet business objectives
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- University graduate with a degree in IT or related discipline
- Familiar with or hands-on experience in iSeries, RPG, ILE and CL programming
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills in spoken/written/listening English
- Ability to work under pressure, fast learner.
- Team player, proactive, self-motivated and open-minded.
- Proactive, reliable and independent, able to lead subordinates.
- Knowledge in banking applications with business knowledge in securities custody and fund accounting would be advantage.
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC’s global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi’an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.