Canisbay & Castletown Group Practice
Caithness, Highlands, Scotland
Partnership or Salaried GP Opportunity
We are a well established GMS dispensing practice looking for an enthusiastic and motivated additional partner or salaried GP to join our friendly, forward thinking team.
Located in one of Scotland's best kept secret areas of outstanding natural beauty, our two surgeries are enviably placed along the popular NC500 route. We are fortunate to enjoy close proximity to some of best beaches in the area, the historical Castle of Mey and between our two sites, have an abundance of lovely scenic stops, harbour villages and towns. Our practice enjoys an excellent relationship with our patients to whom we are devoted – achieving a very high patient feedback satisfaction and a regular supply of treats for our tea breaks!
We offer the best of both worlds for new or experienced GP's – a truly rural experience with a highly effective and supportive team. We have easy access to the towns of Thurso and Wick where the main A&E hospital is based yet minutes away from the open countryside and seaside.
Caithness is in the process of a community redevelopment with significant investment and benefit for our patients. Exciting plans and opportunities exist for our practice to be part of this with the vision of structural redesign for both our sites whilst benefiting from the enhanced upgrades to local hospitals and proposed care hubs.
We have a very relaxed and welcoming ethos and value a learning environment for all. Located at two sites, our practices are both leased and dispensing. We have innovative services and new ideas to provide to our patient and practice needs including 2 GP Partners, Salaried GP, Advanced Nurse Practitioner and triage system, 3 Practice Nurses, Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner and soon an on site Physiotherapist. We have no nursing home commitments and enjoy excellent links with our local Community District, Mental Health and Macmillan Nurses.
We offer the following additional benefits:- • Part time or full time considered with relaxed and flexible patterns to suit
• Excellent work-life balance with the opportunity to enjoy our beautiful family friendly surrounds
• Welcoming communities with a low crime rate, excellent housing opportunities, a choice of schools, local transport / airport links and new developed leisure facilities
• We have a growing practice list of approximately 3000 patients
• 15 minute appointments with very manageable workloads and low rates of house visit calls
• Weekly partner meetings, built in paperwork afternoons and catch up time
• No QOF in Scotland
• No out of hours commitments although opportunities exist locally if desired
• Two dispensing surgeries - fully trained dispensary staff and advanced technology systems
• Well re-numerated position for Partnership or salaried with above average earnings
• Medical defence, professional subscriptions and related fees paid through practice
• Teaching practice with the opportunity to develop own interests. Close links with NES if wishing to develop an interest in teaching/training.
• Vision and Docman
• Enthusiastic, friendly and welcoming team with a mix of experienced and younger staff
• Eight weeks paid annual and study leave with additional public holidays
• Contracts include Maternity and Paternity Pay and other benefits with a fair and equitable profit share for partners giving immediate parity and no buy-ins
• Golden hello / relocation packages with rural NHS Scotland funds available
Post would suit newly qualified or experienced practitioners with a flexible start date – vacancy available now but willi...
Warning to applicants for advertised posts
NHS Scotland’s Counter Fraud Service has become aware of potential approaches to individuals which result in requests for payments in connection with applications.
You should never need to make any form of payment to apply for an advertised post. Read more