Role Title: Senior Software Engineer
Business: Commercial Banking IT
Role Purpose / Description
- Monitor system and respond to any system alerts. Resolve the system failures to ensure service stability.
- Respond to customers for any queries on using the systems and services.
- Sense of escalation for critical incident.
- Be able to extend support during non-office hours and holidays.
- Conduct change review to mitigate any risk before implementation.
- Participate in various change activities like Role swaps/DR tests, reconciliation activities, system healthcheck etc.- Develop knowledge base on exception handling, system runbook etc
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of IT Infrastructure is essential
- Knowledge of Banking Payment Systems or Banking Domain is preferred
- At least 3-5 years' experience work in IT domain. Good knowledge of Java, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, React, Node JS, nice to know Sterling File Gateway (SFG), Seeburger Business Integration Suite (BIS), Microservices as additional skill sets.
- Excellent incident management skills
- Familiarity with Incident / Problem / Change and Release Management procedure is preferable
- Strong communication skill in English with the ability to work with Global virtual team across multiple regions is a must.
- Positive 'can do' attitude and self-motivated. Adaptive capacity in learning new knowledge.
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC’s global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi’an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further