· Serve as a technical point of contact for various application teams to build and modernization on container platforms and provide technical input to the design and implementation of solutions
· Consult and advise on complex enterprise container solutions, that support CaaS/PaaS adoption across Hybrid and Multi-Cloud provider infrastructures and services
· Work with various application teams to understand and assist them in modernizing, building and apply digitization strategies and propose the evolving DevOps practices
· Collaborate with Application Solutions Architects and Development Engineers to design and accelerate adoption of cloud and container technologies
· Involved in working closely with application teams to ensure business needs, development practices and application architectures, with a view to modernizing their build and run capabilities on cloud and container solutions
· Provide hands-on support in modernizing cloud native applications and application build pipeline automation
· Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience in various programming languages and technologies (e.g. Python, Java, Spring boot, Tomcat, Fuse, Kafka, Hadoop, BigData, Talend)
· Experience in applying agile methods and DevOps practices for CI/CD and working with common application programming languages,
· Experience in automated application build and deployment pipelines integrated with Docker Enterprise, Red Hat OpenShift or other Kubernetes based container platforms
· Understanding of (docker) container runtime, security, orchestrator, networking and storage concepts.
· Experience of one or more public cloud container solutions (ECS, AKS, GKE etc.).
· Knowledge of systems and application monitoring, best practices and management tools for application running on public cloud services
· Experience in CI/CD, SCM and automation tooling, (e.g. TeamCity, uDeploy, Jenkins etc.)
· Experienced in building micro services architectures and building cloud native applications
· Experience in using applications discovery and analysis tools, and carrying out hands-on decomposition and modernizations would be beneficial
· Technical knowledge of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform and using its developer build and deployment tools
· Prepare, attend and present at workshops and meetings
· Knowledge of Public Clouds ( such as AWS, GCP)
Required skills and experience:
· Proven hands-on experience of developing business applications, using integrated build pipelines on enterprise container platforms, using Docker Enterprise and Red Hat OpenShift.
· Responsible for engaging with application stakeholders, to consult and help achieve enterprise container adoption and guide applications teams on building cloud native applications
· Provide expertise on how to modernize applications, and integrate build pipelines into CaaS/PaaS platforms.
· An individual who can keep up to speed with this fast-evolving area of IT, work well with various applications teams to provide insights in modernizing, building & operating applications on container platforms, and the adoption of software & DevOps practices.
· Deep understanding of micro services architecture and best practices
· Working knowledge on various programming languages (example Python, Java, Spring Boot, Bash etc.) and runtimes ( example JRE, Tomcat, FUSE etc.)
· Engineering mindset in automation and analyzing the issues
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
|Location:||Canada Ontario Mississauga|
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.