Qatar Duty Free
Qatar Duty Free (QDF) is an award winning subsidiary of Qatar Airways, the national airline of the state of Qatar and currently operates at the Departure, Arrivals, VIP and Premium Terminal of Hamad International Airport. As one of the fastest growing Duty Free operations in the world, Qatar Duty Free operates from the new Hamad International Airport (HIA). HIA is also home to the newly created QDF Food & Beverage Division which will set new benchmarks in airport hospitality.
About Your Job:
In this position, the responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Support, train and manage Buying Officers on day to day job functions to execute category strategy and plans.
- Ensure stock availability/collections to achieving annual category budgeted net sales and margin.
- Analyse current consumer trends and predict future trends in specific category to ensure products are in line with the market offer.
- Report on current purchasing activity to the Management and monitor Stock levels in INAX while minimizing stock write offs
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and other retails, meeting with them regularly for formal reviews to ensure brand/product guidelines are met and best fit products are selected and launched on time.
- Work in partnership with retails and marketing department to ensure effective marketing, Assist Category Lead with development of consumer and shopper communications strategy and plans.
- Review performance of products and ranges in conjunction with the Management and reacting as necessary to improve the effect and monitoring performance.
- Support Category Lead to manage product detail for catalogs, sourcing and selection of imagery and content, PR copy briefing, desk and market research
- Follow-up on shipment orders placed and receive invoice from suppliers.
- Attend trade shows to keep abreast of the changing market place.
- Review Destination and daily inbound reports to analysis sales.
- Share signed PO with the suppliers once approved to monitor the purchasing process.
- Visit HIA 3 times per week to liaise work with VM team to ensure brand/stock are in line with operational/brand requirement.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
- Ability to organise and prioritize tasks on a regular basis
- Ablity to work to deadlines and work under pressure
- Well-developed lateral and analytical thinking skills
- Strong commitment to confidentiality
- Strong people management skills, ability to lead a professional team
- Excellent project management skills; able to deliver tasks within tight deadlines
- Creative and innovative- ability to design new and effective solutions
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Passport