Strategic Change Portfolio Support - Global Commercial Banking
Some careers offer brighter prospects than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
When you think of driving growth do you focus on the customer? Do you get your energy from making things simple? At HSBC Global Commercial Banking we’re leveraging our size and strength and investing in disruptive technological change to simplify the business. We are building a world-class organisation capable of high-paced, end-to-end transformation centred around our customers. We need innovative thinkers and doers to help deliver our ambition.
We invest in our people and have a variety of open roles in Commercial Banking. If you decide to join us, we will support your growth and development and provide you with the opportunity to be part of a significant commercial transformation. With the world’s global bank, you will get the chance to work with and influence a wide range of businesses in the 50+ countries and territories where we operate, from small enterprises to mid-market companies and large multinationals. You’ll play a strategic role in driving our investments to success and delivering a customer experience fit for the future.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
The Strategic Business Outlook (SBO) represents an unprecedented investment in strategic change and simplification for HSBC Global Commercial Banking (CMB). We are building a world-class change organisation capable of high-paced, end-to-end transformation centred around our customers.
The SBO Coordination Office aims to transform the way CMB delivers change. Beyond a central governance function, we seek to embed new ways of working, identify and nurture synergies across the portfolio and establish a community of change experts to create a banking experience that exceeds customer expectations and secures our future.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Strategic Change Portfolio Support.
Working with the Portfolio Management Lead your responsibility will be for the maintenance and reporting of the overall ‘health’ of the Strategic Business Objective. You will work closely with the Portfolio Management Leads from the Strategic Business Initiatives (SBIs) on a day to day basis – managing quality control and timely reporting.
In this role, you will:
· Support preparation of Board level packs and associated materials
· Support multiple governance forums from Design Authority to Finance
· Support the standardisation and enhancement of programme management reporting processes to improve the consistency, predictability and efficiency of programme delivery across a >£500m change portfolio
· Manage reporting calendar and provide critical review of status report submissions
· Provide support to Programme delivery teams on PPM tool usage
· Support the implementation and ongoing adherence to reporting guidelines and standards
· Be conversant in SharePoint administration, Jira, PPM tooling (Clarity experience preferred), Qlikview (preferred), Excel and PowerPoint
· Work with large volumes of data and bring creativity in presenting at an aggregated level
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
· Ability to present complex issues confidentially and concisely to senior management using simple language to accommodate globally distributed stakeholders.
· Outstanding relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills
· Ability to distil complex and varied information into useful, insightful and concise recommendations.
· Practical experience of working on change initiatives and portfolios
· Pro-active and delivery focused.
· Ability to prioritise workload effectively.
· Commitment to personal and professional development for both self and the wider team.
· High level of drive and motivation to ensure delivery of a broad range of outputs simultaneously across HSBC.
· Experience of positive, challenging interactions with senior stakeholders
The base location for this role is 8 Canada Square, London.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC Commercial Banking UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a health work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions.
When joining HSBC Commercial Banking UK, you will become a valued member of our team, we take the time to get to know you and there will be many tailored development opportunities along the way to support your career to grow as much as you want. We can offer you a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity, shared parental and adoption pay, and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution. But this is only the start, we work closely with our colleagues to understand their life balance needs and we support them with several schemes and initiatives. We can’t wait to tell you about our ways of working, wellbeing agenda and our healthiest human system!
Telephone: +44 2078328500