Maintenance Engineer Utilities & Buildings
SIRE Life Sciences®
More jobs by this advertiser
SIRE® is the market leader in Life Sciences recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continuous innovation. We like technology, in a Life Sciences market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!Our client is a professional Pharmaceutical organisation, based in Zuid-Holland Netherlands.
The CompanyThe company is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Their teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
Role DescriptionAs a maintenance engineer UB (utilities & buildings) you will deploy and coordinate utility and facility maintenance to ensure compliance with Good Maintenance and Manufacturing Practices. You will shape and improve procedures and processes, conduct preventive-, corrective- and replacement maintenance on the owned UB systems whereby the technical focus area will be primarily mechanical and electrical.
ResponsibilitiesYou will be part of a multidisciplinary team of maintenance/engineering specialists in which you will:
- Play a key role during the yearly maintenance shutdown period in which our GMP production facilities is handed over to EVM for extensive maintenance. You will be (sub)-lead for preparation, execution and finalization of this operation;
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for several Utility and Building systems;
- Be leading and supporting improvement and modification projects within the engineering department;
- Interact with peer functions throughout the organization to provide expert knowledge to related support departments like; Operations, Automation, Process Engineering, Quality Assurance to assure efficient and reliable technical support to our customers;
- Work with various control, monitoring and database systems (BMS, PLC, LMS, BMS, EFMS).
Your key responsibilities:
- Define, Deploy and coordinate utility and facility maintenance to ensure compliance with Good Maintenance and Manufacturing Practice for our systems including pharma grade water and steam systems, medical gases, HVAC, together with a leading electrical role;
- Functions as the UB expert in our multi-disciplinary team and as UB SME during external inspections or audits;
- Perform the SME role on the assigned UB systems;
- First/second line troubleshooting in case of technical problems;
- Planning and coordination of preventive, corrective and replacement maintenance activities;
- Strategize and control the spare part control and availability;
- Preparation, organization and coordination of yearly maintenance/calibration shutdown activities;
- Handling of compliance records (Change controls, Events, CAPA, Deviations);
- Handling of maintenance & calibration and requalification documentation in a GMP environment;
- Represent maintenance/engineering in projects;
- Support continuous improvement projects within EVM department;
- Perform RCM on UB systems;
- Lead/support improvement and modification projects on UB systems;
- Member of the 24/7 support team (on duty ≈every 6 weeks).
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Process or Electrical Engineering;
- Knowledge of utility systems like HVAC, water treatment, steam, Gasses, Compressed Air and pharma-finish of clean rooms and laboratories;
- Experience in a maintenance organization preferably in biotechnology/pharmaceutical/process industry environment;
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and industry guidelines specific for the pharmaceutical industry and maintenance & Engineering scope (e.g., GMP, RCM, NEN3140, VCA, CE, etc..);
- Skills in troubleshooting & problem analyses, working with maintenance management programs;
- Affinity with Project management;
- An electrical background would be an advantage.
- You have a minimum of 2-4 years work experience as Maintenance Engineer.
- You are a good communicator in the Dutch and English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills;
- Quality oriented & critical Mind-set;
- Good analytical skills;
- Problem solving oriented;
- Planning & Organizing;
- Strong team player.
Other information- Fulltime preferred, 32 hours discussible;
- Temporary project with the intention to hire;
- Because of 'storingsdiensten', eligible candidates live no further than 1 hour from Leiden.
Heb je interesse en wil je meer weten over deze functie, reageer dan door op solliciteer te klikken en contact op te nemen met Michelle Tang