Global R&D Manager
SIRE Life Sciences®
More jobs by this advertiser
SIRE® is the market leader in Life Sciences recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continuous innovation. We like technology, in a Life Sciences market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!Our client is a professional Medical Devices organisation, based in Antwerpen Belgium.
The CompanyOur client is engaged in the development and production of imaging devices.
Role DescriptionThe R&D Manager holds responsibility for the global activities of the R&D organization, participates to the R&D strategy, as well as the budget for R&D efforts. In this function, he/she leads the R&D team (responsible for engineering and technology product management).
Within this responsibility, the R&D Manager is accountable for the technology development, advanced development, new product development, process development, and R&D technology portfolio management. This includes all required handshakes (and escalations) between Product Development and the Divisions, Service, Procurement, Production, Quality&Regulatory as well as external technology partners.
The R&D Manager ensures that the work within R&D is performed efficiently and effectively. This requires clearly defined roles, responsibilities, goals and operating mechanisms, as well as an inspiring and motivating work environment, solid management capability and adequate infrastructure. He/she ensures efficient and synergetic collaboration within a global team.
Responsibilities• Leadership of the R&D organization and the R&D leadership team
• Budget responsibility for R&D staff, material and external resources
• Overall R&D strategy regarding technologies, big bets, methodologies
• Skills and competence development in R&D to stay ahead of technology and market changes
• Talent acquisition and talent development within R&D
• Strategically develop relationships with external R&D partners
• Harmonization and optimization of tools, practices and R&D methodology
• Patent Management
Requirements• Minimum of 5 years professional R&D management experience with a corresponding performance record.
• PhD or University degree in a relevant field / technology
• Profound understanding on modern R&D methodology and tools
• Profound understanding and experience in the R&D product development process
• Good knowledge in SAP, Office and Project Management tools
• Good knowledge in budgeting, finance and P&L process
• Natural leadership and integrity
• Natural people management skills
• Excellent intercultural communications skills
• Ability to lead through times of ambiguity and change
• Ability to transmit values and lead by example (“walk the talk”)
• Ability to adapt to changing organizational boundary conditions
• High degree of identification with the organization and its targets
• Ability to form, motivate, lead and resolve conflicts within teams
• Strategic, analytical and entrepreneur like thinking
• Focused and decisive working attitude
• Time and self-management
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Ewout de Jong.