Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the Role:
As the Senior Security Manager (Americas), you will be Responsible for oversight and compliance of Qatar Airways’ Corporate and Aviation Security policies, the QR Aircraft Operator Security Programme (AOSP) and enhanced security measures implemented by QR at the North and South American stations.
You would provide support and knowledge to Airport Services Managers (ASM), Commercial and Country Managers and Cargo and Catering management on Risk Assessments, local regulatory requirements (including TSA Emergency Amendments to the MSP and ACISP), ensure that Airline, Cargo, employees and commercial offices’ Security Standards and Procedures are achieved from all personnel, lead on the oversight and compliance audits of Qatar Airways Security functions and security service providers whilst meeting and maintaining Standards and Procedures in accordance with ICAO and international worldwide aviation standards.
You would also :
- Define, in cooperation with the Qatar Airways VP Group Security, all the security aims and objectives for QR in order to provide the required security compliance within Aviation and Corporate Operations.
- Ensure compliance with all security laws and regulations applicable to QR in the North and South American regions and act as the focal point of contact with the Transport Security Administration (TSA) Senior Leadership team and other State Regulators within the Americas.
- Establish, alongside the Americas ASMs emergency and security contingency plans in line with the QR AOSP and local requirements.
- Implement a programme of aviation security compliance activities in accordance with the QR AOSP and local regulations.
- Conduct security investigations within the Americas across the Qatar Airways Group.
- Prepare investigation reports making sound recommendations to the business concerning the outcome of the investigations.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure oversight of third parties is implemented and records are maintained.
- Ensure that the needs of aviation and corporate security are integrated into the design and construction of new facilities or any alterations to existing facilities.
- Ensure that Commercial Offices security is maintained with appropriate means of security systems and infrastructure.
- Engage with regulatory and industry related bodies such as IATA, ICAO, TSA, Law Enforcement Agencies, to promote QR’s policies, agendas and best practice and to remain up-to-date with the industry practices/policies.
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Post-Graduate level or equivalent
- Additionally, Qualifications in general business, security or similar/relevant areas
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience
- Strong Airline Security management experience
- Understanding and experience of TSA policies and procedures
- Strong aviation security experience and knowledge of aviation security regulatory framework.
- ICAO / IATA Experience
- Aviation security experience
- Previous investigation experience in either a law enforcement or corporate security environment
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate