Job Description - Responsible Investment Product Specialist (0000CY5L)
Responsible Investment Product Specialist : 0000CY5L
Role Title: Responsible Investment Product Specialist
Business: Asset Management
New or Existing Role? New Grade: GCB4 Role Purpose
- The individual will work with the senior RI specialist team to develop an impact investing capability within the overall responsible investment proposition. Enable the business to meet its strategic growth objectives by capturing the market shift to sustainable finance and investment.
Impact on Business
Impact on Business
- Enable delivery of transformational growth in line with SBO
- Position AMG as a leader in blended finance
- Complete AMG capability range in sustainable investment
- Develop and broaden AMG’s strategic thought leadership in RI
- Global Product Group
- Group clients, including RBWM, GPB insurance etc.
- External clients in key client segments
- Internal and external comms
- Global investment and stewardship teams
Leadership & Teamwork
- The role requires developing a working relationship with the global investment teams, stewardship team and product specialists across all asset classes. Teamwork, openness to stakeholder views, and an understanding of complex operating environments is a must.
- Leadership gained in an impact investing environment is key.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure that the impact proposition is fit for purpose and that capabilities and products meet client and market expectations
- Ensures that all product related material is of the highest standard in terms of risk management, disclosure and governance
- Responsible investment is a relatively new concept for many colleagues; impact investing is even less familiar
- Ability to create influence within AMG and Group businesses
- Complexity of the business and multiple client/regulatory jurisdictions
- Compliance with a fast- changing regulatory environment
- The role is a key specialist product role within the RI team. Sustainable investment is a strategic growth initiative for AMG and impact investing is a key feature of the transformational growth agenda.
Management of Risk
- Demonstrates compliance with HSBC Bank plc Group Standards, manuals, policies, and adheres to the defined work practices, internal controls and risk management standards associated with the role.
Observation of Internal Controls
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
- Understand the Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principles, HSBC Global Asset Management’s TCF philosophy and how this affects your role. Act in a manner that takes account of these principles to ensure fair outcomes for customers
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
Experience gained at relevant stakeholders e.g. civil society organisations, public affairs, academic think tanks or at leading financial institutions
Academic qualifications in any social science
Strong interest in sustainability
Language skills are a plus , especially French, German or Chinese
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/popups/uk-privacy-statement#/overview
: Wealth Management.
: Europe-United Kingdom-Greater London-London
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Global vacancy
: 29-Jul-2019, 20:30:10
: 13-Aug-2019, 06:59:00